News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2015, 03:46:10 AM
How I feel in most multiplayer online games.

yeah, that's why I usually avoid MP.  the only exception was ME3.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Yeah, I just had this in Star Wars Battlefront. I thought I had a decent round, and I actually had 11 kills - my best result yet. Turns out I was *still* bottom of the score board on my team and died 20 times. :lol:

In a later round there was a guy who ran around ROFL-stomping our team, racking up 33 kills in under 10 minutes. He had the last blaster you can unlock which is powerful but has a low firing rate and shitty range (probably easy to unlock if you've had 20-30 or so hours and are not too crap - I've played 13 hours and am level 17, though it was also a pre-order bonus).

That's when I decided to take a break. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on November 16, 2015, 11:09:07 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2015, 03:46:10 AM
How I feel in most multiplayer online games.

:lol:

It's funny because it's true.  You are start out and you find yourself up against hyperactive 12 year olds who have 20 years experience in a game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

miozozny

Quote from: Syt on November 22, 2015, 03:11:07 AM
I'm watching Jesse Cox' Let's Play of South Park: The Stick of Truth. You can tell it's a labor of love from both Obsidian and Matt Stone/Trey Parker. It looks just like the TV show, it's written by Parker/Stone and besides the usual South Park humor pokes fun at a lot of RPG and video game tropes (silent protagonist, certain quest types and abilities, killing rats in the basement, turn based combat ...).

It also makes me regret I've never really watched the show. When it came out in Germany the dubbing was crap, and by the time I had access to the English language version there were a bajillion episodes. I did watch (and loved) the movie, though.

Lots of episodes, but you can simply watch a few....My favorite episode is 'Woodland Critter Christmas'.

Alcibiades

Quote from: miozozny on November 23, 2015, 08:42:08 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 22, 2015, 03:11:07 AM
I'm watching Jesse Cox' Let's Play of South Park: The Stick of Truth. You can tell it's a labor of love from both Obsidian and Matt Stone/Trey Parker. It looks just like the TV show, it's written by Parker/Stone and besides the usual South Park humor pokes fun at a lot of RPG and video game tropes (silent protagonist, certain quest types and abilities, killing rats in the basement, turn based combat ...).

It also makes me regret I've never really watched the show. When it came out in Germany the dubbing was crap, and by the time I had access to the English language version there were a bajillion episodes. I did watch (and loved) the movie, though.

Lots of episodes, but you can simply watch a few....My favorite episode is 'Woodland Critter Christmas'.

:XD:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

The Stick of Truth is a fantastic rendition of Southpark-as-a-game. It's pretty much an episode of the series where you happen to be the protagonist.

Even if you don't really watch Southpark, all the jokes about RPG and fantasy tropes are pretty good.

Josquius

It does look rather good, have to add it for my list of stuff to get when I'm back home for xmas.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Yeah, even though I only ever watched the movie (and the WoW episode) I had great fun watching the Let's Play. It's probably also because the player was Jesse Cox who is a big fan of the show and got many of the in-jokes while having a similar style of humor (so he's not a player going in who will be terribly shocked by what he encounters).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, German version is obviously censored, especially because of "a few" swastikas. If it was part of an episode it wouldn't be a problem, though, because while Germany makes allowance for use of swastikas in movies or TV shows, games aren't included in the exception, though that's possibly also because no developer has challenged it in court.

Austria has similar rules, but games are included in the media exception. South Park SoT is still censored here (though uncensor patches exist).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

I want to claw my eyes out after the travesty that is the Telltale Games Game of Thrones episode 6. I figured the same people that produced TWD game couldn't make something terrible.  I was wrong.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Queequeg

Quote from: Habbaku on November 27, 2015, 12:55:50 AM
I want to claw my eyes out after the travesty that is the Telltale Games Game of Thrones episode 6. I figured the same people that produced TWD game couldn't make something terrible.  I was wrong.
There's a huge drop off in quality from around Episode 4.  No idea why.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

I was thinking of the long tradition of "sexual reward" in video games and a thought occurred to me.  In the very first Super Mario brothers, you go to 7 or 8 castles and only find a toadstool guy.  Obviously is this is an insufficient reward.  On the 8th or 9th (I forget how many levels there are in that game), you find the princess then you stop.  Are there a bunch of other castles with toadstool guys that Mario doesn't even bother dealing with?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on December 01, 2015, 04:30:51 PM
I was thinking of the long tradition of "sexual reward" in video games and a thought occurred to me.  In the very first Super Mario brothers, you go to 7 or 8 castles and only find a toadstool guy.  Obviously is this is an insufficient reward.  On the 8th or 9th (I forget how many levels there are in that game), you find the princess then you stop.  Are there a bunch of other castles with toadstool guys that Mario doesn't even bother dealing with?

It doesn't matter. Once you rescue the monarch the enemy occupation of the kingdom is at an end. I am pretty sure Princess Peach would never have sex with a commoner like Mario.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Telltale announce a Batman game. Really looking forward to that. I love their stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=63&v=X2-h6l9-y0I