News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Arabic Mega Man MMO? I've seen worse concepts.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Jesse Cox playing "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" with TotalBiscuit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-krReNnkW6I

An example of highest difficulty - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhHkvHcUfo (Though I guess you appreciate the level of coordination once you've seen people stumble through the easy ones for the first time :lol: )

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on October 29, 2015, 06:25:47 AM
Arabic Mega Man MMO? I've seen worse concepts.

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought of was "I wonder who represents the evil Israeli's in this game world"?

Berkut

Quote from: Syt on October 29, 2015, 04:09:57 PM
Jesse Cox playing "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" with TotalBiscuit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-krReNnkW6I

An example of highest difficulty - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhHkvHcUfo (Though I guess you appreciate the level of coordination once you've seen people stumble through the easy ones for the first time :lol: )

That is really, really cool.

I really like some of the very neat ideas people are coming up with.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

It was originally a VR game for Oculus Rift. The design tries to turn the limitation of VR (only one person wears the goggles) into a strength for a cooperative experience that can involve more than one player in the same room.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Legbiter

Been playing Age of Decadence which is officially out now. The lore and setting pleases my inner storyfag but my first 2 talkie characters both got brutally murdered before leaving the starting town so I rolled a dumb merc bruiser who's a much better fit to the setting it seems.  ^_^
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Alcibiades

Blood Bowl 2 is 33% off.  Worth getting for $30, without elves/lizards?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

sbr

Tamas

sbr

Quote from: Tamas on November 03, 2015, 03:26:54 PM
yes it is worth it

No it's not, and while I am a bit biased because of the pile of shit the developers and publishers are and the travesty of a game they took 3+ years to make, I'll play along for a bit.

There are only 2 reasons to get or play BB2 over Blood Bowl:Chaos Edition. 

The first is the graphics "upgrades".  I personally don't think it is that much of an improvement but if you really like to watch pretty moving pictures I suppose you could make an argument for it.

The second is if you are interested in the Open League TV-Based Matchmaker leagues.  They are so full of trolls, conceders and assholes that I would rather take a cheese-grater to my ball sac than to play another minute of that.  Most of that crowd has moved away from BB:CE so if you are looking to get in a quick random game or two a week then you would need to get BB2 for that.

I don't know what Alci's income situation is, but I can't imagine anyone outside of Montgomery Brewster for whom this game is currently "worth it".  There are better looking cheaper games if you just want to look at pretty graphics; there are cheaper and more fun ways to be an online troll and asshole than to play in the BB2 MM league; there are better, cheaper games if you are looking to just kill a couple of hours a week.

If you have any serious interest in Blood Bowl get BB:CE for $8 and I will direct you to some worthwhile games.

If you just want the game and are trying to justify it to yourself, knock yourself out but at that point you are no longer worried about it being "worth getting".

It may eventually turn into something good, if Cyanide can figure out how to get their heads out of their collective asses, but I can't imagine that happening any time soon and it will be on an even better sale in the meantime anyway.  Maybe even with more than 1/3 of the teams that should be in it.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Tamas

Quote from: Alcibiades on November 03, 2015, 08:43:30 PM
I'll hold off then, thanks.   :lol:

your loss. It has better graphics, better UI, all around a better experience than playing BB1

Grant you I haven't played THAT much MP but conceders have been the minority, and they only conceded when I had them thoroughly beaten. :P

sbr

What's better about the UI?  I think it is markedly worse.

Ill make this quick as I am off to work, but can get more detailed later if anyone is interested.

To select a team:  Instead of having a list of your teams on one page you have the stupid little scroll wheel where you have to click through to get to the team you want.  This seems to be a console thing, but pointless extra clicking on the PC.

BB1: 

BB2: 

To view your team:  Each player comes up as a silly card you have to click on to view that player's atributes and skill instead of showing everything in a list on one page.

Skills are now visual icons instead of words.  The icons are too small to be able to tell quickly what they are without clicking on the player card every time you want to do something.  Injured players just show the Injury Icon, you again have to hover over that icon to see if it is a permanent injury or just a MNG.

BB1: 

BB2: 

Again if you are just interested in pretty pictures BB2 MAY have an argument, but I am interested in better game play and ease of getting information.

The game no longer tracks player stats, which is a huge deal in league play, and for anyone who cares about that.

Pregame:  No way to view the team you are playing before buying Inducements.

This doesn't even include the mess of in-game UI I can talk about after work.

Tamas

I meant the UI during the actual match. I don't care much for the rest of it indeed, but it sure is pretty.

And I won't get into the same arguments I saw on the Steam forums, full of nerd rage over having to adopt to new things.
All I know is that overall I am having more fun using BB2 than BB1. I would not go back.

Ed Anger

Well hello there Anne Bonny, you saucy elf chick.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive