News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on October 09, 2015, 11:36:31 AM
Wait they got Frank Welker to play Megatron? Well now that changes things.

And Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime. You can watch them in the Jim Sterling video I've linked.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Ok that guy sounds a bit like Chris Latta.

Wait Vince DiCola does the music? Ok holy shit this game was obviously made for us 80s kids. I will have to pick up this one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Yeah, it's Fan Service - The Game.

It's reported to be short, though (but with challenge modes and stuff).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 09, 2015, 01:45:29 PM
Yeah, it's Fan Service - The Game.

It's reported to be short, though (but with challenge modes and stuff).

That's fine. Looks like something fun to play with my son.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Speaking of fan service, here's a free He-Man game, using art and sounds from the animated series: http://gamejolt.com/games/he-man/19434# ;)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

There are some things not even childhood nostalgia can make good  :lol:

Tonitrus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RUz80MUK_s

"First Look" video for the new MoO.  I must say, it only makes me more pessimistic.  Even looking past that the robot newsreaders are annoying to the extreme...if that is the gameplay combat they're showing, the game is looking to be barely more than a graphically redressed MoO2 with space combat dumbed down to an smartphone/tablet app level.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 10, 2015, 01:44:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RUz80MUK_s

"First Look" video for the new MoO.  I must say, it only makes me more pessimistic.  Even looking past that the robot newsreaders are annoying to the extreme...if that is the gameplay combat they're showing, the game is looking to be barely more than a graphically redressed MoO2 with space combat dumbed down to an iOS app level.

Yeah, I was under impressed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I finished the Last of Us. It was very good.
Funny to read internet comments about it though, so many ass burgers kids failing to get the actual story.

Next  I think I'll finally play Mass Effect 3 on my PC.
Are any of the DLC worth it?
Hope my ME2 save is still on my computer.
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

I just realized, from a youtube video of it, that Goat Simulator is actually not a game about raising goats like on a farm, but being a goat and fucking up everything in the neighborhood.  :P

Could be fun, for like six minutes.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Been playing some Vermintide. It's OK.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

Rebel Galaxy is a shitload of fun. Best played with controller. 2d space sim (all on the horizontal plane). Reminds me of the first Privateer, or Freelancer if Freelancer weren't so fucking precious.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Josquius

Mass Effect 3- I loved the first two when I played them...4+ years ago.
Now with this...meh. There doesn't seem to be all that much gameplay in it. Just...follow linear path, point and shoot, talk, limited decisions...
I do hate that I was punished on one mission for not having bought DLC for ME2.
Nonetheless the story seems nice, despite having forgotten the details of earlier ones, and I've bought my first ever DLC.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

schaksen

Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick