News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I am the same with it Syt and having good fun.

That said, my opponents have been mostly rather newbies even compared to me. And Bretonnians. Since the weekend I have had around 10 games. 7, and I kid you not, have been against Bretonnians.

They made mincemeat out of my Skaven but then I switched to a Wood Elf team and found my calling.

Most of my opponents wanted to play the ball instead of trampling my guys into the ground first and it was bound to not work out for them. Except for one of the Bretonnian players who was pretty good, and beat me.

Still, 5 wins and 1 defeat so far ^_^

This game is fun.

Tamas

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Tamas on October 01, 2015, 10:24:49 AM
Heroes of Normandie is out ^_^

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365890/

Looks fun, if a bit light (intentionally so).  Tamas, How much time can one get out of this?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tamas

Quote from: PDH on October 03, 2015, 10:09:41 AM
Quote from: Tamas on October 01, 2015, 10:24:49 AM
Heroes of Normandie is out ^_^

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365890/

Looks fun, if a bit light (intentionally so).  Tamas, How much time can one get out of this?

There is a good amount of content IMHO. Altogether 36 campaign missions (US, Germans, Brits), 12 "rogue" missions which is a kind of campaign but very steep difficulty and carry over forces, a bunch of skirmish maps (would need to look up exactly how much) plus multiplayer which is fairly easy to handle.

And we are working on more content. More multiplayer maps, a Brit "rogue" campaign, plus the boardgame has tons of expansions we can convert to the computer version if the sales are good.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on October 03, 2015, 02:54:48 PM
is there a discount for swedes

There is 33% launch discount for everyone :p

garbon

Prison Architect is finally out and it looks like they had quite a few things (including a prison break mode) that they held back from the alphas.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Transformers: Devstation is out to positive initial impressions: http://store.steampowered.com/app/338930/?snr=1_4_4__122

QuoteThe TRANSFORMERS are back, and this time they're in the hands of acclaimed developer PlatinumGames, who have combined their over-the-top brawler action with comic book inspired art to create a TRANSFORMERS game like none other.

Surprise the enemy: PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for to create a unique master combat system.
Five playable AUTOBOTS: Wreak havoc on the DECEPTICONS as OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, SIDESWIPE, WHEELJACK and GRIMLOCK.
Actors from the original TV series: Reprising their roles are Peter Cullen (OPTIMUS PRIME), Dan Gilvezan (BUMBLEBEE), Frank Welker (MEGATRON and SOUNDWAVE), and more.
Play again and again: 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition, combined with a deep customization system, means hours of intense gameplay.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

EU3, Wolfenstein 3d and Spear of Destiny, Quake 2&3, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein are now on GOG.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Wait they got Frank Welker to play Megatron? Well now that changes things.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."