The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on September 03, 2015, 10:09:55 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 02, 2015, 05:07:27 PM
Downloaded VtM Bloodlines from steam.
Great game. :cool:

I think I heard that the Steam version incorporates fan mods that make it better, too, and clean up some of the plot holes.
Thanks, good to know
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Norgy

I'd like something new to play around with.

Tried "State of Decay" but it wasn't for me, really.

11B4V

Quote from: Norgy on September 03, 2015, 01:31:59 PM
I'd like something new to play around with.

Tried "State of Decay" but it wasn't for me, really.

I have eyed that since it came out. Never pulled the trigger.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Norgy

Graphics are good, but the game isn't that much to write home about.
Too linear and scripted for my taste.

Caliga

Quote from: 11B4V on September 03, 2015, 10:31:45 AM
Thanks, good to know
Make sure you try the game at least once as a Malkavian. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

I am tempted to preorder blood bowl 2 before the multiplayer beta starts next week

Norgy

I wrote something fairly scathing about Telltale's "Game of Thrones" game. I retract that so, so very much. The storytelling is good and although I don't much care for the "gaming" aspects of it, it's fast become one of those games I can't wait to have the next installment of. Episode six will be rather sad, I suspect.

I also recently finished their "The Walking Dead" seasons. It tells a fairly harsh and ugly story (it is "The Walking Dead" after all), and I really loved Season 2 with Clementine.

Valmy

Well then I retract my scathing reply to your scathing review  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

I didn't quite know what I had bought. And I definitely wasn't clear on Telltale having more episodes coming.

Tonitrus

The Master of Orion site has been updated quite a bit since it's announcement...

http://masteroforion.com/

It's looking good so far, appears to be starting out with the standard set of original MoO races...and the Collector's Edition is going to have "evil" Humans (vs. the normal, peace-loving "Euro" humans).  And the developers have not ruled out brining in more races (referencing all the ones added in MoO2/3) later.

Josquius

Quote from: 11B4V on September 02, 2015, 05:07:27 PM
Downloaded VtM Bloodlines from steam.
It is awesome if unfinished.
The hotel is a bit of a low point though. :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

I bought the Thirty Years War game from AGEOD on recommendation from Tamas. I'm not sure how much I like it yet. Anyone else giving it a spin?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Norgy

Quote from: Valmy on September 05, 2015, 11:22:05 AM
Well then I retract my scathing reply to your scathing review  :P

Did you play it, by the way?
I am curious as to what choices people made in the latest installment.

celedhring

Finished Spec Ops: The Line this weekend (the main campaign is pretty short, 8 hours long). That shit is... intense. Apocalypse Now in the sand.

Norgy

Hmm. I have that in my Steam library. Good god, I have a lot of games I haven't played in my Steam library.  :Embarrass: