News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Yeah, at the time Morrowind had more herbs than most RPGs of the era had enemy types. I was blown away too.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on August 26, 2015, 10:05:39 AM
Yeah, at the time Morrowind had more herbs than most RPGs of the era had enemy types. I was blown away too.

I loved the setting and the culture and all that. Daggerfall and Arena had interesting concepts but everything looked pretty fantasy generic.

But anyway I was talking about Daggerfall and Arena. Both were great looking at the time and I was especially blown away by Daggerfall. But man I can hardly go 20 minutes with either these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on August 26, 2015, 10:05:39 AM
:P

Anyways, at the time, it was the biggest, most expansive game I had played, and a rather alien world to explore (the latter being a reason why I found Oblivion too generic). I hadn't played any Ultima game, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

The kickstarter for Divinity Original Sin 2 is up: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2

Had loads of fun playing the first one, but I still haven't  broken the mental barrier that prevents me from paying for a game that won't be out for nearly two years.

Syt

I still have unfinished: Divinity OS, Pillars of Eternity and haven't even started Wasteland 2.

All are scheduled for expansions or improved editions coming up soon-ish, so I feel reluctant to dive back into any of them. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Scipio

Quote from: Syt on August 26, 2015, 11:06:44 AM
I still have unfinished: Divinity OS, Pillars of Eternity and haven't even started Wasteland 2.

All are scheduled for expansions or improved editions coming up soon-ish, so I feel reluctant to dive back into any of them. :(
Me too.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

I have backed D:OS 2 on kickstarter. I think I owe them that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

The rumblings for WWE 2k16 start to sound good.

WWE 2k15 did some things to imrpove match mechanics but got rid of a lot of customization options.

WWE 2k16 promises the largest roster (120 at release, not counting any DLC). Additionally, a lot of the customization is supposed to come back (female wrestlers, shows, entrances ...). Endless reversals have been removed in favor of a limited amount of reversals (simple, or saving several to do a major reversal). They also promise an expanded career mode, a WCW mode, ...

PC version was originally announced along with console versions, but has since been removed from the game's page. I guess it will be a delayed release on PC again (15 on PC was released 6 months after console versions - but it included all DLC). Amazon still allows for pre-orders of the game, though.

Changes to the match engine here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/27/wwe-2k16-hands-on-wrestle-smarter-not-harder
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, next week Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence comes to Steam, and it's going to be available in ENGLISH:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/392470/

The pricing, though:

QuoteLaunch discount available from September 1st, 2015. $49.99, $10 discount from the regular price of $59.99, will be applied for only 1 week since the launch. Additionally, the three scenarios will be offered as a bonus.
Do not miss this opportunity!

QuoteThe renowned historical simulation series returns with enhanced features in "Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere on Influence". Take the role of the legendary Warring States Daimyō (Warlords) such as "Nobunaga Oda" and "Shingen Takeda" to work your way towards unification by making best use of domestic affairs, diplomacy and battles against the fierce Warlord neighbors.

The latest installment has numerous enhancements and features to it's predecessor "Nobunaga's Ambition: Souzou" by expressing the Warring era's highlight, the "Battle of Sekigahara" in the highest quality ever to date in the franchise's history. Also the numerous in game procedures required in making progress towards unification has seen a major revamp in all areas.

- Recreate the "Battle of Sekigahara" your way:
Realistic as it gets, simultaneous strategy executions recreating a realistic battle condition. New systems are in place such as the "Alliance" command allowing you to join hands with other Warlords or "Corps under the command system" allowing you to take full control of the numerous unique Warlords under your command.
- Command your troops on the ever changing battlefields:
Battles has become more dynamic with new fields and situations being added requiring more tactical planning and troop controls than before.
- New scenarios and "Sengoku Chronicle" creating a dynamic Warring State Era:
4 new scenarios tracing the historical facts are in place such as "Birth of Nobunaga" (1534), "Battle of Sekigahara" (1600) with New "Sengoku Chronicle" seeing over 500 Officers being added to the character listing.
- New features based on player feedbacks:
Enriched game play experience with an enhanced edit features, new objects and Imperial Diplomacy to name some additions from the strong requests from our fans!
—Stephen Jay Gould

Drakken

Given the money I've paid to import the game from Japan, this price is a total bargain. You'd be foolish to skip on the 10% discount. Plus, for that price you get the PUK included.

I'm hesitating, should I stay with the original Japanese or buy the translated version? The latter will allow me to access all the DLCs, as the Japanese versions are region-locked. Plus it'll allow me to skip the whole translation issue. :hmm:

The Brain

I got an email from World of Tanks: "[Brain], do you like dogs?" :unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

So this is on sale for €10.04 at 33% off on Steam:

QuoteKarmaflow: The Rock Opera Videogame is a puzzle platforming game. It is a unique spin on the traditional gaming experience. In Karmaflow, the game's story is presented entirely in the form of a rock opera, sung by some of the world's most talented rock voices.

Karmaflow tells the story of the Karmakeeper, and his journey through several worlds. Each world is protected by a Guardian. These Guardians are burdened by a heavy conflict, which rages in each world. The Karmakeeper learns what happened in each world by hearing each Guardian out, but also listening to their counterparts. In the end, he decides what happens to the world and its inhabitants.

Play as the Karmakeeper and actively decide the way the rock opera and its story progresses in Karmaflow: The Rock Opera Videogame. Puzzle and explore your way through five different worlds. Change the environment, change the music...

Key features:
- A unique blend of musical narrative and gameplay experience
- Extract from and infuse Karma to objects and beings to change their behaviour.
- An adaptive music system: your actions control the tone of the music.
- Music performed by international artists like:
Simone Simons (Epica)
Dani Filth (Cradle of Filth)
Marc Hudson (Dragonforce)
Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica)
Alissa White-Gluz (Arch Enemy)
Metropole Orkest (the world's biggest – Grammy-award winning – professional pop and jazz orchestra)
- Explore five different mysterious worlds. Meet all the characters. Learn about their conflicts. Your actions determine the fate of each world.

Reviews are mixed to crap, but the weirdness of it might be worth it?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Norgy

I wonder if there will be Austria/Hungary mods for ETS 2, taking into account how many refugees you can fit in your truck.  :hmm:

11B4V

Downloaded VtM Bloodlines from steam.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Quote from: 11B4V on September 02, 2015, 05:07:27 PM
Downloaded VtM Bloodlines from steam.
Great game. :cool:

I think I heard that the Steam version incorporates fan mods that make it better, too, and clean up some of the plot holes.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points