News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I want to make fun of this game, but it occurred to me that the gameplay is almost identical top what I've been doing in Elite: Dangerous - driving around dropping off cargo to different destinations.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Norgy

Quote from: Archy on August 10, 2015, 03:39:30 PM
To be honest I adored the part between Oslo and Bergen off course I've never been there. I like it as much as the Alps. I concur though Jutland is boring.

Let's say my driving is a little imprecise on small roads.  :blush:
This in turn becomes costly.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2015, 03:48:25 PM
I want to make fun of this game, but it occurred to me that the gameplay is almost identical top what I've been doing in Elite: Dangerous - driving around dropping off cargo to different destinations.

Plenty people tried the game, thinking it's a joke and came away really liking it. I can pleasantly zone out during the game while watching a podcast or YouTube stuff on the side, or listen to an audio book. It's really relaxing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I think I'm nearly finished valkyria chronicles.
Pretty fun small squad based strategic rpg set in a sort of fantasy ww2.
██████
██████
██████

schaksen

Quote from: Syt on August 11, 2015, 03:15:08 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2015, 03:48:25 PM

Plenty people tried the game, thinking it's a joke and came away really liking it. I can pleasantly zone out during the game while watching a podcast or YouTube stuff on the side, or listen to an audio book. It's really relaxing.
It's good clean family fun also, even though one sometime has to revert to an older savegame when the kids crash the newly purchased truck :)
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

celedhring

I just went and cleaned up my HD of games which I barely touched, but that I left installed just because some time I might get to seriously play them.

I just freed 150 Gb  :blush:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Twitch plays Dark Souls. Previously, someone made a script where people could play a game by entering commands in chat. The first game played that way to completion on Twitch was Pokemon. Then a Metal Gear game.

Now the crowd mind is playing Dark Souls, which is a bit ambitious, I think. :lol:

17 hours in, they haven't made it out of the tutorial area yet: http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplaysdark
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

1 Day, 7 Hours in, they've made no progress :lol: The viewer numbers are down to a third of what it first was. My prediction: the group will boil down to a handful of viewers who will be able to coordinate enough to actually get moving.

Not sure how the delay between stream and chat is going to work out in a game like this that requires reactions within fractions of a second (blocking/dodging/parrying an attack for example) or you die almost immediately.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

*checks again* They managed to get back into character creation. :lol: :bleeding:
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I watched a bit of the Pokémon playthrough and it was an hilarious sight, I can't imagine it working one bit for Dark Souls :D

Grey Fox

I watched for about 10 minutes yesterday (around 19h) and all they did was reload to the last save over & over.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

They made it back into the game, but yeah, they still haven't made it past the first bonfire.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

If they manage to uninstall the game: they win.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

About 4 days in, doesn't look like they made any significant progress (still in tutorial area, still in the pool that the viewers now worship and praise).
—Stephen Jay Gould