News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Also, drive in Norway with no snow tires while drunk out of your skull.

garbon

When I want to experience driving...I drive. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2015, 12:11:38 PM

Is it a truck across northern Europe though?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Others might be more considerate of the environment. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

Most driving games are with muscle cars and about racing. I personally don't like track racing. I do, however, enjoy games where you are free to choose whatever you want to do.
Running fish from Szch... whatever Stettin is called now to Esbjerg or just driving at night on the Autobahn between Hamburg and Dortmund, an experience that would cost me quite a bit to do right now... why not.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on July 15, 2015, 01:34:05 PM

Fuck that shit. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2015, 03:46:39 PM

Fuck that shit. ;)

No wonder you left San Francisco.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 15, 2015, 03:53:53 PM

Fuck that shit. ;)

No wonder you left San Francisco.

I don't know. After all, that's when I had a regular driving commute in my hybrid.../when I did the most riding around for fun.

Tonitrus

Fuck that shit. ;)

Time enough for the earth in the grave.  :)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Norgy on July 15, 2015, 03:44:12 PM
Most driving games are with muscle cars and about racing. I personally don't like track racing. I do, however, enjoy games where you are free to choose whatever you want to do.
Running fish from Szch... whatever Stettin is called now to Esbjerg or just driving at night on the Autobahn between Hamburg and Dortmund, an experience that would cost me quite a bit to do right now... why not.

Does it have Czech hookers DLC?  :P

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Syt on July 14, 2015, 11:13:39 AM
It's uncanny, isn't it? There's mods expanding the map out to Russia, Spain and around the Mediterranean.

Looking forward to the US version (which starts with California and either Nevada or Arizona, with more states to be added later).

Is that a serious thing?  I love ETS2- it's obviously not photorealistic, but they've done an amazing job with the scenery they did put in; it'd be awesome to see what they do for US maps.
Experience bij!

Syt

ATS was scheduled for beta release in February this year - seems they're behind their schedule.

But it already has a Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/270880/

Here's an hour of footage from V0.1 gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSUKlmqBJYQ

And here's the official webpage: http://americantrucksimulator.com/

I read on their dev blog that they were showing off the game to US truck manufacturers to try and get them signed up for licensing deals (kind of what they did with ETS2 - some companies joined late, like Mercedes; I think they've by now replaced the generic brands with the real counterparts on the game).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.