News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Okay, so the game is bad.  Not hilariously bad, just extremely boring.

Is there an easy way to take screenshots in case I can manage to turn it into an AAR?  Having to cut and paste into Paint seems like a hassle...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2015, 02:20:32 PM

Is there an easy way to take screenshots in case I can manage to turn it into an AAR?  Having to cut and paste into Paint seems like a hassle...

Steam overlay should have a hotkey (that you can re-bind).

Thanks for taking one for the team. Dating sims/visual novels seem to range from hilarious to hilariously bad to just plain bad. :hug:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Not enough gaol?

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on June 04, 2015, 02:37:02 PM

Steam overlay should have a hotkey (that you can re-bind).

Thanks for taking one for the team. Dating sims/visual novels seem to range from hilarious to hilariously bad to just plain bad. :hug:

Where does it put the screenshots?

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 04, 2015, 02:52:03 PM

Not enough gaol?

This'll be the punchline of the AAR (assuming I do it):

[spoiler]There's not enough of anything.  You're a secretary.  You run around making photocopies and writing reports (which real secretaries don't do, but whatever).  And that's it.  Who the hell thought a legal secretary game would be entertaining?!?[/spoiler]

Norgy

I've been playing "Windward" a bit. Seems like a nice little game.

Berkut

Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2015, 10:49:50 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 03, 2015, 04:01:48 AM
Star Trek™: Starfleet Command Gold Edition on gog.com

http://www.gog.com/game/star_trek_starfleet_command_gold_edition

Many hours  online (SL) with this and the two follow-ons. A very subtle and detail game.

SShxn

House of Za'Kath
House of Martok
Red Claw

Is the Gold edition they are selling not complete?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2015, 03:05:52 PM

Not enough gaol?

[spoiler]There's not enough of anything.  You're a secretary.  You run around making photocopies and writing reports (which real secretaries don't do, but whatever).  And that's it.  Who the hell thought a legal secretary game would be entertaining?!?[/spoiler]

I thought you were supposed to ignore the work and sleep with the lawyers. Lame.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2015, 03:25:29 PM

Not enough gaol?

I thought you were supposed to ignore the work and sleep with the lawyers. Lame.

Well the dating part is just plain creepy.  As you do more tasks for the lawyers, your relationship with them increases.  At some point you can then ask the lawyers out on dates. 

Now, I know offices romances happen.  But I'd like to think I can have a high opinion of my assistant without wanting to get into her pants.

Barrister

Now there is some kind of mystery within the game.  Perhaps it gets more interesting at that point - I never got that far.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2015, 03:32:13 PM
Now, I know offices romances happen.  But I'd like to think I can have a high opinion of my assistant without wanting to get into her pants.

You clearly are doing lawyering wrong.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2015, 03:33:19 PM
Now there is some kind of mystery within the game.  Perhaps it gets more interesting at that point - I never got that far.

Crown prosecutor's office is covering up massive corruption in the World Curling Federation.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on June 04, 2015, 03:23:22 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2015, 10:49:50 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 03, 2015, 04:01:48 AM
Star Trek™: Starfleet Command Gold Edition on gog.com

http://www.gog.com/game/star_trek_starfleet_command_gold_edition

Many hours  online (SL) with this and the two follow-ons. A very subtle and detail game.

SShxn

House of Za'Kath
House of Martok
Red Claw

Is the Gold edition they are selling not complete?

SFC was first out of the gate. The overall series improved with EAW/OP. IIRC EAW/OP was heavily fan influenced from the SFB crowd. Nothing wrong with SFC if you haven't played the others. This is computerized SFB and very subtle as far as tactics, energy management (very important), this is not arcade spaceship combat. Most SFB tactics transferred well. I.E "sabre dance" a Klink ship (maintaining speed 31, alternating disrupter banks, etc). GORN ANCHOR and so forth.

go to  http://www.9thfleet.com/opsstarfleetcommand.php then click on SFC2 library. That will give you a taste of these games. 

SFC Gold
Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Lyran, Hydran, and Gorn

SFC EAW
The above w/ Mirak (Kzinti), ISC, and more

SFC OP
Orion Pirates, X-Ships, and more.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2015, 03:03:48 PM
Where does it put the screenshots?

When you close the game there should be a pop up window with them, and a button "View in folder" or something that takes you to the directory.

Otherwise it's cryptic. E.g. my City Skylines screenies are in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\47007872\760\remote\255710\screenshots
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2015, 03:32:13 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2015, 03:25:29 PM

Not enough gaol?

Well the dating part is just plain creepy.  As you do more tasks for the lawyers, your relationship with them increases.  At some point you can then ask the lawyers out on dates. 

It's a dating sim.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.