The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on May 23, 2015, 09:46:02 AM
Beeting a dead horse I see.

I look at the screenshots and say "oh, that looks fun", then see the word AGEOD and recoil like a shelter dog. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I'm starting to get worried that many, many indie games that I check on Steam show:

"1 friend already owns this game:
fhdz"

:ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

If anyone wants a true Metroid-inspired game, give Axiom Verge a bash. It's almost a Super Metroid clone, but it does enough own things to freshen it up.

And the soundtrack is awesome: https://axiomverge.bandcamp.com/releases

It's even more impressive when you consider that this is literally a one man project (coding, music, graphics).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

They make games for all target audiences, don't they?

QuoteAbout This Game
In the smallest district of Montreal, the Crown Attorney relies on the legal expertise of its lawyers; backed up by the support of a single hard-working secretary.

This is the story of Dana Larose, a young woman starting her career as a secretary in the Crown Attorney's office. The office is both overworked and understaffed, so you'll have to work out whose projects you help with accordingly.

Will you be able to unravel the mystery being covered up, balance the stress of juggling overtime for everyone, and still manage to find love...?

FEATURES
Four dateable characters: Jonathan, Pierre, Ross and Dorothy
Deal with many different kinds of work to help everyone out around the office
Put in overtime for extra money, but be careful to balance work and pleasure or you'll crack under stress!
What secret is being covered up by the Crown Attorney's office? Follow the clues...

Working for a Canadian Crown Attorney? How outlandish is that? :rolleyes:

(And I think BB should absolutely get this game for his secretary :P )

—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

I've been wasting a good amount of time with this lately:

http://agar.io/
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on May 31, 2015, 10:52:14 AM
I've been wasting a good amount of time with this lately:

http://agar.io/

I forgot to post that it caused me to waste a fair amount of time when I clicked on that. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on June 03, 2015, 04:01:48 AM
Star Trek™: Starfleet Command Gold Edition on gog.com

http://www.gog.com/game/star_trek_starfleet_command_gold_edition

Many hours  online (SL) with this and the two follow-ons. A very subtle and detail game.

SShxn

House of Za'Kath
House of Martok
Red Claw
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

I have a code for SimCity™ 2000 Special Edition on GOG if anyone is interested?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on May 31, 2015, 10:33:54 AM
They make games for all target audiences, don't they?

QuoteAbout This Game
In the smallest district of Montreal, the Crown Attorney relies on the legal expertise of its lawyers; backed up by the support of a single hard-working secretary.

This is the story of Dana Larose, a young woman starting her career as a secretary in the Crown Attorney's office. The office is both overworked and understaffed, so you'll have to work out whose projects you help with accordingly.

Will you be able to unravel the mystery being covered up, balance the stress of juggling overtime for everyone, and still manage to find love...?

FEATURES
Four dateable characters: Jonathan, Pierre, Ross and Dorothy
Deal with many different kinds of work to help everyone out around the office
Put in overtime for extra money, but be careful to balance work and pleasure or you'll crack under stress!
What secret is being covered up by the Crown Attorney's office? Follow the clues...

Working for a Canadian Crown Attorney? How outlandish is that? :rolleyes:

(And I think BB should absolutely get this game for his secretary :P )

Oh my!  How did I miss this post?

I almost feel as if I must play this game, just for the amusement value of pointing out everything that's wrong with the game...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Norgy

Valmy

If you do please post your AAR here. kthxbye.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."