News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

I couldn't stand The Witcher.  I own The Witcher 2 but haven't even tried it.

Caliga

I got Shadow of Mordor right around the same time and what little time I have had for video games lately has mostly been going into that.  I have that on my PS4 though, not my PC.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

GOG offered Witcher 2 for free last winter.

I couldn't get into it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Norgy

Never got into them.

The first one, I played for some time, but like grumbler, I gave up on the sequel after about 30 minutes.

You can slate Bethesda for strange bugs and some poor quests, but I'd rather replay Skyrim again.

grumbler

Quote from: Norgy on May 12, 2015, 08:35:07 AM
Never got into them.

The first one, I played for some time, but like grumbler, I gave up on the sequel after about 30 minutes.

You can slate Bethesda for strange bugs and some poor quests, but I'd rather replay Skyrim again.

At least with bethesda, you get mods and those can make up for a lot of the disappointment with the base game.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

To me, Skyrim is still one of the best games released, and that has to do with the mods. The replayability increased a lot.

I played Morrowind and Oblivion to death, and I hope for a new TES game some time.

Octavian

Got The Witcher 2 in 2011 but like many others couldn't get into it. Then Skyrim came and I forgot about it. Tried the enhanced version and I finished it a couple of days ago. Loved it. One of my favorite games and I'm definitely looking forward to the third one.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

grumbler

Quote from: Octavian on May 13, 2015, 03:25:33 AM
Got The Witcher 2 in 2011 but like many others couldn't get into it. Then Skyrim came and I forgot about it. Tried the enhanced version and I finished it a couple of days ago. Loved it. One of my favorite games and I'm definitely looking forward to the third one.

Did the enhanced version get rid of the QTEs?  Those were the absolute worst:  boring and stupid, and yet essential to continuing the game.  I quit when i ran into the boxing QTE.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Octavian

Quote from: grumbler on May 14, 2015, 12:14:06 PM

Did the enhanced version get rid of the QTEs?  Those were the absolute worst:  boring and stupid, and yet essential to continuing the game.  I quit when i ran into the boxing QTE.

No and I agree those were the worst. I skipped the boxing quest because of that. Still there were a couple more QTE's throughout the game. The worst being the Kayran fight. It could be worse but a damn shame they added them.

I don't expect them to be in the TW3.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: Octavian on May 15, 2015, 06:12:16 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 14, 2015, 12:14:06 PM

No and I agree those were the worst. I skipped the boxing quest because of that. Still there were a couple more QTE's throughout the game. The worst being the Kayran fight. It could be worse but a damn shame they added them.

I don't expect them to be in the TW3.

Good, I hated the QTEs in Witcher 2 too.

Razgovory

A part of me wants to get AGEOD "War to End all Wars".  The other part of me says, "Are you stupid?  AGEOD is company with contempt for all human life and they make games to punish humanity for it's hubris in thinking you can have a deep playable war games.  Admittedly it is an improvement over their previous WWI game where they were unable to tell the difference between "West" and "North"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Norgy