News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Well, the port of WWE 2k15 is a mixed bag. The matches are capped at 60 FPS, which is ok for fighting games. However, cutscenes are limited to 30 FPS, sometimes dropping to 20 FPS; though I have no idea why - the scenes that drop don't look more complex than some in match scenes, or have more stuff/lights/shadows or whatever, and changing detail levels helps none.

Worst part is that some of the in match TV camera angles also drop to 30 FPS, sometimes creating a slomo effect.

On the plus side, loading times are MUCH better than on console; no more waiting a couple of minutes to get into matches.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

SSI's Pacific General and Fantasy General are now on GOG. :nerd: :wub:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

If a shitload of SSI stuff appears, they will be able to see my erection from space.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on May 05, 2015, 09:22:27 AM
SSI's Pacific General and Fantasy General are now on GOG. :nerd: :wub:

I remember fantasy general.  I could have a unit that was a musketman tied to a balloon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 05, 2015, 09:24:19 AM
If a shitload of SSI stuff appears, they will be able to see my erection from space.

If they release Age of Rifles, then pants->dairy factory

Syt

GOG now has Star Trek 25th Anniversary + Star Trek Judgment Rites (both with the original cast's voices), plus  Star Trek Starfleet Academy.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Scipio

Call me when they get Bridge Commander.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Scipio on May 07, 2015, 02:19:56 PM

I've seen that spelled as "Bride Commander" today. I laughed...

Ed Anger

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 07, 2015, 03:13:43 PM
Quote from: Scipio on May 07, 2015, 02:19:56 PM

I've seen that spelled as "Bride Commander" today. I laughed...

HEY NOW
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

Caliga

I bought The Witcher 2 for like 3 bucks on Steam.

Do you get to bang lots of wenches in this game like in the first one?  :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

FunkMonk

From what I remember, yes. A lot.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

I'll be interested to read what you think, Cal.  I was really looking forward to Witcher 2 (loved the first one) and probably only played about 30 minutes of the game before giving up in disgust.  It is easily the most disappointing game I can recall.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

I played thru the tutorial and that's pretty much it so far.  At this point not sure how I feel about the game but it feels really 'busy' to me in that there's a million different things to do in combat, etc.  I don't see a way to remap the keyboard controls which is going to be annoying if that's the case, because I'm left handed and don't like 'traditional' WASD movement.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I wanted to like the Witcher series, but I got so bogged down in the opening of the first game (I found the village/Barghest thing so tedious and boring and drawn out that I just stopped - I'm watching Gopher's play through). After that I thought there was no sense checking out 2 (I prefer playing games with narrative focus in order and not jumping into the middle), and I'll likely skip Witcher 3 till I've at least finished watching the first 2. A shame really, because I really liked the short stories this is based on.
—Stephen Jay Gould