News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

It is the next step in the evolution of monster wargamer, as well. I mean, for examples check out the logistic system's flow chart in the manual.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2015, 07:33:58 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2015, 08:17:09 AM
To make Tamas feel better, I'm thinking of getting War in the West when I start getting my crop checks.

Dear God. That game is huge.

Enjoy the dollar from me in your paycheck Tamas!

Suck it up Der Führer.... :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

I started a game as 'ol crazy eyes. 43-45.

I love the PzGr division on Sardinia.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I think I do a CM Black Sea AAR.  Then you all can see what a disaster I am in command.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2015, 08:44:35 PM
I think I do a CM Black Sea AAR.  Then you all can see what a disaster I am in command.

Actually do one. I'm still on the fence with that one.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on April 05, 2015, 09:07:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2015, 08:44:35 PM

Actually do one. I'm still on the fence with that one.

Well I started one then it crashed as I tried to save.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

PDH

Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2015, 11:24:06 PM

Well I started one then it crashed as I tried to save.

Just like the real war :(
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Well when I try again, I'll know where those BRDM 2s were hiding.

Razgovory

I think the problem is that I pushed the setting up to get good screen shots so when I save it stalls and then stops responding.

Norgy

1) Do you have the latest drivers?
2) Don't overdo it. We'll most likely dislike the pointy elbows of your tanks anyway.

Razgovory

Okay, I did the first 30 minutes of a mission and will set up the AAR this weekend.  Remarkably I'm winning.  Well maybe not so remarkably, I am fighting Russians.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

It has 88% positive reviews on Steam (out of a small sample of 25, though).

I'll wait till it's no longer Early Access and see what it's like then.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

I am somewhat excited for the Killing Floor 2 Early Access release tomorrow.

Syt

The times, they are a-changing! WWE 2k15 is on PC, and its the first major WWE game on PC since Raw in 2000-fucking-2. :o

The match engine is still pretty good (more going for simulating a "natural" match flow as you would see on TV, and you have to watch your health and stamina both - putting on great moves will lower your stamina, opening chances for comebacks by opponents), but customization is much lower than in 2k14. But they added a better career mode. I might do that for a Let's Play series.

Post match replies are horribly broken, though: it shows the opponents and ref down in the ring without ropes.  :huh:

But: load times are WAAAAY lower than on PS4 where it could take a minute to get into a match.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.