And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on February 17, 2015, 04:00:59 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 17, 2015, 02:39:25 PM
I moved to EU1 from the Home of the Underdogs forums. A regular from the forums, known for loving strategy games, had disappeared because he spent all his time with this game, only to come back once in a while to rave about it.

So I got it. A patch broke the game for me. Spent some time emailing prototype patches back and forth with P'dox till they sorted it out. That was before it even was released in North America IIRC.  I got seriously hooked on EU2 at the time. Beta'ed for a while with HoI, CK, Vic etc. (dropped out at EU3) which was fun.

I lurked the Underdogs forum and was brought to EU1 because of Hartmann raving about it.

Underdogs brought me here.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

If you're unsure what your next playthrough in EU4, CK2, Civ5, Skyrim or Fallout:NV should be, you can get inspiration from this generator:

http://www.scenariogenerator.net/

The Skyrim one seems pretty good, but CK2 is sometimes delivering odd results where you would probably have to switch religions at least once in your playthrough.

Although goals like this sound fun (as Aswan):
- Have all 7 Deadly Sins
- Contract Syphillis
- Become a Master Seductress
- Go on a pilgramige
:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

I bought EU1 shortly after it was released.  I happened upon it because someone was raving about it on another forum.   I visited the Paradox site - read the first AAR that was posted and was hooked.

Ed Anger

I noticed nobody mentioned the release of Total War: Attila.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 20, 2015, 10:21:47 AM

Horse archers mounted on flaming pigs?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on February 20, 2015, 10:23:47 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 20, 2015, 10:21:47 AM

Horse archers mounted on flaming pigs?

Brain just got an erection
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Seems like it's a much more solid release than Rome 2, but I haven't played that one much (though apparently it's decent by now), and I want to get my money's worth out of it before throwing more cash at them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on February 20, 2015, 10:32:17 AM
Seems like it's a much more solid release than Rome 2, but I haven't played that one much (though apparently it's decent by now), and I want to get my money's worth out of it before throwing more cash at them.

YouTube videos of TW: Attila look promising, but I'll probably just wait for a 50% off sale on Steam.

In other news, the Homeworld 1 & 2 Remastered Collection come out in a few days. Hmmm... :hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Totalbiscuit is streaming it Homeworld HD release preview on Twitch right now.

My next purchases, if any, will likely be along the lines of Hands of Fate, Darkest Dungeon or Sunless Sea.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on February 20, 2015, 03:11:26 PM
What about Pillars of Eternity?

I backed that (and Torment), so it's coming my way, anyways.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on February 20, 2015, 03:13:44 PM

Ah ok.  Coming next month, I am pretty pumped!

The Brain

Anyone play Manos: The Hand of Fate?

Pedrito

Quote from: Valmy on February 20, 2015, 03:17:01 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 20, 2015, 03:13:44 PM

Ah ok.  Coming next month, I am pretty pumped!
I should be excited too, but unfortunately POE will come at a time my video game fever is at an all time low.
My HD is full of good to great games, but it seems I cannot find the time and the dedication to play any one of them.  :(

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: