Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 27, 2014, 03:30:15 PM
It's not too bad, but it's very unpolished. The level of accuracy they shoot for in the units is extreme, so they really only get them close for the big players. I mean they actually have it down to how many men per tank x how many tanks per unit = manpower required to build and stuff like that. Obviously, the icons are not so precise. Even the Nagato looks like an Iowa. Some are pretty good though.

And because it's basically Supreme Ruler 2020 brought back in time with some events added and stuff it's a bit clear that it's not suited to WW2 in various ways. For some reason I do like the engine though. The economic model is fairly complex. Much better than HOI in that way. Much more potential. Lots of complexity.

Thanks.

Think I'll leave it for the time being, maybe if there is a game shortage later in the year....

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Though I see more books are available by the publisher on mobile, and cheaper. Starhsip Traveller. :wub: It was my first choose your own adventure book, and for a while friends and I became mildly obsessed with them. I enjoyed none as much as the Lone Wolf series, though, with its beautiful maps and epic storyline.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I always cursed that i was too young to have got those when they were contemporary and had to hunt them down second hand. Lone wolf was amazing
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

I think they'd have more traction with a Nato/WP 1985ish. :(
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Steam goes full wartime nostalgia mode:
Silent Service I&II
Command HQ (from 1990)
Across the Rhine
Taskforce 1942
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

What a beautiful title for a freeware game: "Evil Robot Of Doom Crushes Innocent Town Due To Parliamentary Disagreement"

http://nik.itch.io/evil-robot-of-doom-crushes-innocent-town-due-to-parliamentary-disagreement

—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on November 06, 2014, 08:14:05 PM
I think they'd have more traction with a Nato/WP 1985ish. :(

They don't do alt-history.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

The Cinemaware 1986 - 1991 anthology is out on Steam for €8.49 at release discount, including:

Defender of the Crown
SDI
The King of Chicago
Sindbad and the Throne of the Falcon
Lords of the Rising Sun
Rocket Ranger
It Came From the Desert
It Came From the Desert II: Antheads
Wings!
TV Sports: Football
TV Sports: Basketball
TV Sports: Baseball
TV Sports: Boxing

No idea how well optimized they are for modern PCs.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

For Games Workshop fans: Focus Interactive is putting out Mordheim in Early Access.

http://www.mordheim-cityofthedamned.com/
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points