Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Tyr on August 27, 2014, 07:28:42 PM
Quote from: Syt on August 27, 2014, 12:40:48 PM
Nobunaga's Ambition: Souzou is on Steam.  :w00t:

In Traditional Chinese only.  :mad:
Always wanted to play one of those games but nothing recent seems
To be in English and my Japanese is nowhere near high enough for it

My Japanese is nonexistent and I can play NA games just fine, as long as I understand the basic concepts of the game. KOEI games aren't exactly War in the Pacific complex. I use my New Nelson kanji manual to search whatever kanji I don't understand, plus I've found several Japanese wikis about these games that I can use translators on when I need to understand something.

My main gripe with Souzou is that the player's historical events have no minimum date requirements. If, for example, you play Oda Nobunaga starting in the 1551 scenario, and you manage to unite Owari way before 1560 (which is impossible not to do), you immediately unlock the Battle of Okehazama event even though it's not 1560. Then all you need to do is to send a Oda force to besiege an Imagawa stronghold and you will immediately kill off Imagawa Yoshimoto without a struggle.  :huh:

I might do an AAR of the game for Languish one day, except that this time I would bar all historical events so it becomes a full Battle Royale mayhem (so no Hojo-Takeda-Imagawa triple alliance or shit like that). Just like the first NA, everyone pitted against everyone.

Syt

Plugged my new GTX770 w/4GB into my computer yesterday after my GTX660 died last week.

I can now play FarCry 3 at ultra details on full HD and it's beautifully smooth and there's barely any fan noise from the PC.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Scipio

The 700 series has been really satisfying.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

It seems Obsidian (of all people?) are working on a modern day version of World of Tanks:

http://aw.my.com/us/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Slitherine/Matrix websites near unusable and taking forever to load. What's going on, Tamas?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on September 05, 2014, 08:15:21 AM
Slitherine/Matrix websites near unusable and taking forever to load. What's going on, Tamas?

Should be ok now.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

I don't suppose any of you wargamy types have bought Piercing Fortress Europa? It might not look much on screenshots but it has a very clever WEGO operational system and logistics system. I would love to PBEM it.

celedhring

Got Saints Row 4 yesterday. I'm a huge fan of the series, and so far I'm having a blast. It's a great parody and the whole "GTA with superpowers" gameplay is actually pretty fun to play.

Caliga

GTA V coming to XBOne and PS4 on November 18th.

DROPPING FUCKING LOADS!!!! :w00t:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

garbon

It is fun but hardly fun enough to debase oneself with such a post. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points