News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

The new Wow expension does look very nice. It's outland, it has that BC feeling.

I've decided(before Sbr's post) to give MH2015 a try. Apparently, continuing to lvl without paying after 30 is almost impossible without xp boost.

Any of you guys tryed Firefall?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 14, 2014, 07:04:03 AM
The new Wow expension does look very nice. It's outland, it has that BC feeling.

I've decided(before Sbr's post) to give MH2015 a try. Apparently, continuing to lvl without paying after 30 is almost impossible without xp boost.

Dunno what either MH2015 and Firefall are.

Syt

Quote from: Syt on August 14, 2014, 06:35:40 AM
If you like subway maps, then you may want to look into this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gNBdIBfnHk&index=3&list=UU3tNpTOHsTnkmbwztCs30sA

It's actually pretty decent fun, ideal for coffee breaks. It's just a bit frustrating how the game seems to spawn new stations where it's the least convenient, making you add unseemly dents to your otherwise neat lines. Basically, each station will have a geometric shape, and passengers will spawn at stations in the shape of a station they want to get to. Shapes of stations can change during the game, too. The video gives a pretty good idea of the mechanics.

Here's my latest attempt at New York.

It's pausible, but still a bit hectic and forcing you to improvise. Occasionally it's best to just cancel the whole thing and draw the lines anew. Downside: you have to wait till all trains are back in the depot, and passengers may spawn in the meantime.

It's 6.99 and in early access, but it's already very playable.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on August 14, 2014, 07:45:22 AM

Dunno what either MH2015 and Firefall are.

MH 2015 is Marvel Heroes, like SBR said, it's a Diablo 2 with Marvel Heroes, F2P.

Firefall is Borderlands meets Open world WoW MMO, also F2P.

sbr

I just hit 30 yesterday and had no trouble gaining 2 more levels, in fact 31 & 32 may have gone faster than most other post-20 levels.  I have friends that are int eh mid 50s and I don't think they have paid for XP boosters.

I don't think you get much XP for replaying the story missions in harder difficulties, especially at first because you out-level the early Herioc before you finish Normal.  Challenges and Legendary Quests still give nice XP, maybe even better than the first Story Mode.

I played Firefall for about 1 week, maybe 20 hours.  It is fun, but got old for me pretty quick.  The free version gets you access to 1 battleframe in each of 4 classes.  Once you hit max level (40) you can get another for free.  It felt to me like paying real cash was more important in Firefall than MH, but to be honest if you are serious about either you will need to pay.  The free versions are nice, but you can't expect developers to give everything away for free.

Grey Fox

You've played Firefall more then me, I've clocked 14 hours, and it has grown old me. There are small fun moments but most of my time was spent going from one Job board to the next collecting tickets so I can buy that vendor class related Item. Rinse & Repeat without having a fun story to pull me thru.

Franchise Hockey Manager 14 is in the 8 Ball Bundle, the bundle can be add for 2.99. Regular price of FHM14 is 20$.

See the full Bundle here : http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/eight-ball-bundle It also has Baseball, Soccer, Golf and Basketball sims.

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 14, 2014, 10:56:43 AM
You've played Firefall more then me, I've clocked 14 hours, and it has grown old me. There are small fun moments but most of my time was spent going from one Job board to the next collecting tickets so I can buy that vendor class related Item. Rinse & Repeat without having a fun story to pull me thru.

Yep, exactly how I feel.  The fun moments are really fun, but they are too few and far between.

Josquius

I tried to play Oblivion for the first time in 4 years today.
Damn its ugly. I just couldn't do it.
My intention was to finally finish the story quests so I could start Skyrim.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on August 14, 2014, 02:05:05 PM

Why would you play Oblivion with Skyrim out there?

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on August 14, 2014, 03:25:01 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 14, 2014, 02:05:05 PM

Why would you play Oblivion with Skyrim out there?
story
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Yeah same reason I did.  I mean the Empire Strikes Back is better but you still want to watch Star Wars first.  Now if you are really hard core you could go back and play Arena  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Oh Marty why are you Garrosh Hellscream?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2014, 09:33:38 AM
Oh Marty why are you Garrosh Hellscream?
We share similar personality. :P

11B4V

QuoteFallout 4 Rumor Roundup: What Fans Can Expect
Posted by: Amir Heydari Posted date: August 15, 2014 In: Technology
Fallout 4 is coming, and fans of the game have waited seven long years for the release.Fallout 3 was a smash hit when it was released in 2008, and Fallout 4 is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated releases of 2015.The exact launch date is not certain, but it is speculated that it will come out in fall 2015. It will probably be previewed at E3 2015, since it didn't premiere at E3 2014.

A PR officer for the game developer, Bethesda Game Studios, officially confirmed that Fallout 4 will come out at some point.

A Redditor who knew a contact at the PR office for Bethesda Game Studios broke the news online, and he divulged some details about the storyline.The Redditor said that it would be set in Boston, and that it would be pretty much a direct sequel to Fallout 3. The game is going to have some returning factions.

The city motif for Boston is going to be somewhat cyberpunk and somewhat retro-futuristic, unlike anything ever seen in a Fallout game previously.Other elements of the game include a strong android influence and an Institute that has become extremely advanced in technology. The Institute will have probably developed or acquired a Garden of Eden Creation Kit to be able to have a farm in the post-nuclear environment.

Other rumors surrounding the game are even more exciting.

There is a good possibility that the game will have a massively multiplayer online mode when it is released, and Obsidian is rumored to be involved.In an interview with IGN, Josh Sawyer the director said that he would be very interested in getting involved with the game, and if he was given the green light, could end up giving the game a MMO element.

http://airherald.com/fallout-4-rumor-roundup-what-fans-can-expect/6391/
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".