News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Spec Ops: The Line is also on sale. Though it's not really a fun shooter and deals with some mental issues of the protagonist. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on August 10, 2014, 12:53:01 AM
Spec Ops: The Line is also on sale. Though it's not really a fun shooter and deals with some mental issues of the protagonist. :unsure:

Yeah, I can do that without a game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Tried to play the golem quest on dragonage; haven't played that game for years and felt I should finally finish it all.
I died horribly.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Instead of buying something new I just started playing Bioshock infinite again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Also I'll post the first part of my Gettysburg AAR tomorrow.

Grey Fox

The new call of duty sounds fun. I might get this one, haven't bought a Cod game since #4 and Battlefield does nothing for me anymore.

I do like Titanfall but that game is dead.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Marvel Heroes 2015 is pretty fun.

Anyone who is a fan of either Marvel Superheroes or Diablo/Torchlight style ARPGs should get plenty of fun out of the free model.  You get to pick one hero to start with, out of a condensed list (Captain America, Black Panther, Punisher, Black Widow, Luke Cage, Human Torch, Colossus, Storm, Hawkeye, Rocket Racoon, Daredevil).  By the time you level that one to max level you should be able to buy another hero with the in-game currency.

I started with Colossus and he is tearing shit up.  I just killed Loki, finishing the Normal difficulty story mode for the first time but I am only level 30 out of a max of 60.

Syt

I dunno, the launch reviews of that one seemed pretty dreary (unfun levels, roaming a level with ten Captain Americas, a dozen Black Widows etc. running around ...).

r is this a new game?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

Same game but they have done a lot to fix it.  I have only been playing for a few days, so I don't know the details but it sounds like there has been a lot of work done on it.

You will see some of the same heroes, which feels silly, but it doesn't bother me that much personally.

katmai

Quote from: sbr on August 14, 2014, 01:53:48 AM

You will see some of the same heroes, which feels silly, but it doesn't bother me that much personally.
. Deal breaker for me.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Quote from: katmai on August 14, 2014, 02:01:57 AM
Quote from: sbr on August 14, 2014, 01:53:48 AM

. Deal breaker for me.

I can understand that.  The free:fun ratio is pretty good for me, which is especially nice since I have not been working much the last 6 weeks, so more free time than money.

katmai

I understand that I have been playing dc online on PS4 this last week. It is much more console game than it is PC.

Martinus

Is this the thread where we get excited about upcoming games?

If so, I have Sims 4, Civ:BE, WoW:WoD and DA3 lined up this autumn. :nerd:

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on August 14, 2014, 04:10:12 AM

If so, I have Sims 4, Civ:BE, WoW:WoD and DA3 lined up this autumn. :nerd:

who the fuck are you?

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on August 14, 2014, 04:10:12 AM

If so,  WoW:WoD . :nerd:

:nelson: