News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Downloaded FMM and everything is coming together.

Hardest part was getting FO3 to run on this machine. Fixed now though.

Mods Loaded
Quest for Heaven
Wanders Edition
Mart's Mutant Mod
Abbrieviated Effects

Grumbler what NV mods? I have Downloaded the "someguy" series.

Mods Loaded
More perks
more traits
nevada skies
fook
Project Brazil
For the Enclave
The some guy series
a world of pain
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

I'm locked out from the steam sale since my location and billing address are different counties  was all set to buy stuff to. Their loss.
I should really finish oblivion before playing skyrim anyway.
And come to think of it I never finished new Vegas either. It doesn't grab me the way fallout 3 did
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on June 23, 2014, 11:55:50 PM

Mods Loaded
Quest for Heaven
Wanders Edition
Mart's Mutant Mod
Abbrieviated Effects

Mods Loaded
More perks
more traits
nevada skies
fook
Project Brazil
For the Enclave
The some guy series
a world of pain

Probably the best NV quest mods are Tales from the Burning Sands, the Someguy series, Strangers Abroad, and Beyond Boulderdome.  If you like combat, the Rockwell series (Rockwell Descent and Rockwell Pursuit) give you plenty of that, and some interesting stories and places.  I hope you like combat, because AWoP is all about combat!  :D

I'd use the Nevada Project rather than FOOK; it is much more customizable.  Make sure you use New Vegas Script extender and the Mod Configuration Menu.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: Tyr on June 24, 2014, 01:32:04 AM
I'm locked out from the steam sale since my location and billing address are different counties  was all set to buy stuff to. Their loss.
I should really finish oblivion before playing skyrim anyway.
And come to think of it I never finished new Vegas either. It doesn't grab me the way fallout 3 did

Two different environments IMO. FO3 seemed more confined more old world, as NV had the feeling of more openness and new world. For me, I like both equally well and wish they would at least give some indication of the next FO.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on June 24, 2014, 08:43:24 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 23, 2014, 11:55:50 PM

Mods Loaded
Quest for Heaven
Wanders Edition
Mart's Mutant Mod
Abbrieviated Effects

Mods Loaded
More perks
more traits
nevada skies
fook
Project Brazil
For the Enclave
The some guy series
a world of pain

Probably the best NV quest mods are Tales from the Burning Sands, the Someguy series, Strangers Abroad, and Beyond Boulderdome.  If you like combat, the Rockwell series (Rockwell Descent and Rockwell Pursuit) give you plenty of that, and some interesting stories and places.  I hope you like combat, because AWoP is all about combat!  :D

I'd use the Nevada Project rather than FOOK; it is much more customizable.  Make sure you use New Vegas Script extender and the Mod Configuration Menu.

Thanks. I'm really liking Nevada Skies for the environmental effects.

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on June 24, 2014, 04:17:27 PM

I like it a lot as well, but it glitches sometimes.  I was walking around Freeside when a rad Storm started up.  I ran inside the Wrangler and the storm followed me in!  There were dozens of people just going "ouch" as the storm attacked all of them at once. Had to reload that one, as the framerate dropped to near-zero.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2014, 05:47:20 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 24, 2014, 04:17:27 PM

I like it a lot as well, but it glitches sometimes.  I was walking around Freeside when a rad Storm started up.  I ran inside the Wrangler and the storm followed me in!  There were dozens of people just going "ouch" as the storm attacked all of them at once. Had to reload that one, as the framerate dropped to near-zero.

Finally got FOSE working on FO3. I was using the wrong unpacker and it was corrupting something to the files.  :mad: All good and after a few more ini fixes FO3 is stable as hell.

Now I can get it loaded on NV. NV is one unstable bitch. Locks up with fast travel about 60% of the time.  I got spoiled with the Xbox version. I'll hunt for some stablizing mods.

11B4V

FO3edit was awesome for sorting out load order conflicts.

Quote[00:05] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "AQFH3.esm" requires master "Abbreviated Effects.esm" to be loaded before it.>
[00:11] Background Loader: finished

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on June 27, 2014, 02:57:29 AM
FO3edit was awesome for sorting out load order conflicts.

Quote[00:05] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "AQFH3.esm" requires master "Abbreviated Effects.esm" to be loaded before it.>
[00:11] Background Loader: finished
You'll want BOSS as well.  http://boss-developers.github.io/  It automatically sorts mods for you, in FO3, FONV, Skyrim, and Oblivion.

Bayraktar!

Syt

I've started watching a Let's Play of Ryse: Son of Rome. Pro: graphics look shiny. Con: the gameplay is pretty uninspired (looks like the Arkham series melee system with sword and shield, but instead of open world you're railroaded through the levels). And the plot. W. T. F.

So apparently young Marius comes home to Rome to visit his family. And suddenly the city is attacked by barbarians. In the streets. Everywhere. His father is killed and he swears vengeance, and joins the Legio XIV (Austria represetin'?) to strike at the barbarian invaders' home province ... Britannia. Again W.T.F.

Apparently barbarians from Britain trekked all the way to Rome and launched a surprise invasion of the city. Sounds plausible. :thumbsup:

I don't mind if Hollywood versions of historic periods deviate from history to tell their story (see: Gladiator), but seriously, at least look at a map when you write the plot.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Evil King George has a long reach.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on June 29, 2014, 11:04:20 AM
I've started watching a Let's Play of Ryse: Son of Rome. Pro: graphics look shiny. Con: the gameplay is pretty uninspired (looks like the Arkham series melee system with sword and shield, but instead of open world you're railroaded through the levels). And the plot. W. T. F.

So apparently young Marius comes home to Rome to visit his family. And suddenly the city is attacked by barbarians. In the streets. Everywhere. His father is killed and he swears vengeance, and joins the Legio XIV (Austria represetin'?) to strike at the barbarian invaders' home province ... Britannia. Again W.T.F.

Apparently barbarians from Britain trekked all the way to Rome and launched a surprise invasion of the city. Sounds plausible. :thumbsup:

I don't mind if Hollywood versions of historic periods deviate from history to tell their story (see: Gladiator), but seriously, at least look at a map when you write the plot.

What does the word "Ryse" actually mean in this context?  The letter "y" is not common in Latin.  In fact I can't think of any Classical Latin words with the letter "Y" off the top of my head.  Also that plot is retarded.  What era is the game take in?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Using Y instead of I is a gimmick of Crytek, the makers of Ryse and Crysis.

Bayraktar!

Pishtaco

Replace y with i and you get "rise", the vocative form of "thing which has been ridiculed".