News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

garbon

Is that a mistake that boxed version is cheaper?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2014, 07:48:51 AM
Is that a mistake that boxed version is cheaper?

The boxed displays as more expensive for me

Syt

Same here. Matritherine's pricing can be wacky at times (World in Flames download costs same as box with lots of extras), but not that crazy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Oh shit, just realized when it was small on my tablet, 5 looked like a dollar sign. :D :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on February 12, 2014, 08:06:52 AM
Same here. Matritherine's pricing can be wacky at times (World in Flames download costs same as box with lots of extras), but not that crazy.

Oddly the other day Amazon had a new Cd with digital download that was actually a few dollars cheaper than download. Then I was fully awake so I know it was the case. :D -_-

FunkMonk

The buzz around Titanfall hasn't affected me at all until I started watching streamers playing the beta. It looks like a lot of crazy, stupid fun.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 13, 2014, 06:44:58 PM
The buzz around Titanfall hasn't affected me at all until I started watching streamers playing the beta. It looks like a lot of crazy, stupid fun.

Once I saw the preview video of getting into the mech, I was sold.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 18, 2014, 09:50:18 PM
Once I saw the preview video of getting into the mech, I was sold.

I'm still waiting for another proper Steel Battalion game, dammit. :angry:
Experience bij!

FunkMonk

I've since played Titanfall in beta and it is indeed awesome. Most people play it like it's Callerdoody so they can't cope with a noob like me jet-packing around invisible blasting fools away with a shotgun.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 19, 2014, 09:15:50 AM
I've since played Titanfall in beta and it is indeed awesome. Most people play it like it's Callerdoody so they can't cope with a noob like me jet-packing around invisible blasting fools away with a shotgun.

Does it have a Tribes tinge to it?

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 19, 2014, 09:17:30 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 19, 2014, 09:15:50 AM

Does it have a Tribes tinge to it?

It's not as fast and "slidey" as Tribes, but there are movement options like Stimpacks and Prosthetic Legs that give you ultra fast Quake-like speed. You can slide around on walls and double jump too. There aren't really any classes either, just different load outs that you can change once you level up a couple times. I usually like to have Sprint on all the time wielding a shotgun and prowl around capture points with Invisibility on while my Titan is outside pwning Calladewty nerds on Guard mode.

It's like a weird mix of Tribes+Call of Duty 4+Mechwarrior.

The beta ends tonight I think. You might still be able to get in and try it for a few hours. PC and XBone only though.