News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I've watched a couple of TotalBiscuit's Hearthstone videos. Looks quite interesting and fun. Looking forward to it going public.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on December 07, 2013, 11:45:21 AM
I've watched a couple of TotalBiscuit's Hearthstone videos. Looks quite interesting and fun. Looking forward to it going public.

It's surprisingly deep.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

Well suppose it's about time to get War in the East and the add-on. Been putting it off long enough.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

and maybe this to get my Assault fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MJvehBNqVY

QuoteTime is represented in turns, which are resolved simultaneously for both players (WEGO). Turns length (i.e. the span of simulated combat time they represent) depend on the average effectiveness of the whole force, with increased turn lengths for forces suffering a drop in their effectiveness. For example, I've seen my force's effectiveness drop due to numerous battlefield malaises (excessive ammunition expenditure, fatigue or too much distance to a headquarters unit) and get my turn length increased from 20 to a command-wrecking 43 minutes. The mind-blowing thing about this? The other side (Soviets in this case), thanks to their undisputed numerical superiority, suffered less effectiveness degradation and had almost no increase in their turn length. This is called asynchronous, variable length turns: I was able to give orders every 43 minutes of simulated combat time, the Soviets were able to give orders every 25 minutes. John Boyd's observation, orientation, decision and action (OODA) cycle comes immediately to mind. Are you ready for maneuver warfare?

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.com/2013/09/flashpoint-campaigns-red-storm-preview.html

Leopards, Cheiftains, and Cobras...OH MY!
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Yeah, the command system has gotten some attention on this one. On top of what he says, your orders to units will start clogging up the airwaves, so you should be economical with them as you can't give an unlimited amount of orders. Also, a lot of radio chatter makes it easy for your enemy to pinpoint your HQ and hit them with artillery.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on December 08, 2013, 12:11:40 AM
Yeah, the command system has gotten some attention on this one. On top of what he says, your orders to units will start clogging up the airwaves, so you should be economical with them as you can't give an unlimited amount of orders. Also, a lot of radio chatter makes it easy for your enemy to pinpoint your HQ and hit them with artillery.

What would your rating be of it?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

11B4V

Pulled the trigger on Flashpoint, WitE+ DLCs  ;)

11B4V

11B4V

I'm liking this. Fills one of my favorite modern tac games, Assault series superbly.

Syt

This might be interesting: Dungeon of the Endless (DOTE).

It's a sci-fi themed hybrid - part exploration of a randomized sci-fi dungeon, part resource management, part RPG elements and some tower defense. It's out on Steam in version 0.1.1.

Even at this early stage it shows a lot of promise. Here's a twenty minute gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKJk3gvtLyc

The game is by Amplitude who also gave us Endless Space.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Now they're just not even trying anymore...

Dear customer,

This is an automated notification sent from our account security system. You logined your account successfully at 4:27  on twelve 11th form the 125.87.*.* range, but our system shows the 125.10.*.* IP range exists a large number of hackers. As too many customer complaints, the 125.98.*.* IP range has been blacklisted.

We are concerned about whether your account has been stolen. In order to guarantee the legitimacy of your account, visit click:

website fill out some information to facilitate our investigation.

Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives will typically lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Sincerely,
Blizzard account system
Blizzard Entertainment2013

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 14, 2013, 08:33:28 PM

Dear customer,

This is an automated notification sent from our account security system. You logined your account successfully at 4:27  on twelve 11th form the 125.87.*.* range, but our system shows the 125.10.*.* IP range exists a large number of hackers. As too many customer complaints, the 125.98.*.* IP range has been blacklisted.

We are concerned about whether your account has been stolen. In order to guarantee the legitimacy of your account, visit click:

Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives will typically lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Sincerely,
Blizzard account system

You been playing on some shady proxies lately, Seeds? ;)

Hey, at least they're using East Asian IPs.  125.10 is @Home Network Japan, and the other two are at least different branches of the same ISP- China Telecom.  Pretty funny that they couldn't be arsed to use the same Class B pool twice in the same demand letter, though. :D
Experience bij!

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 14, 2013, 08:33:28 PM

Dear customer,

Sincerely,
Blizzard account system
The account of this is believable, too many complaints.  And sentence fragments.  You should also be advised that this should be responded to in the same passive voice as was used by the phishers.  If active voice were to be used by you, suspicions might arise in the minds of the phishers, and your response might be ignored by them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!