News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Even though I have a CD for the original somewhere, because it was cheap and I am lazy I purchased a copy of Master of Orion II from GOG.com.

Minus - despite saying it worked under OS X, it failed to work under OS X 10.9.  Perhaps something new with Mavericks.

Plus - it is still a very, very good game. :thumbsup:  I got it working under Win 7, and promptly lost an hour.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on October 27, 2013, 12:25:10 AM
Even though I have a CD for the original somewhere, because it was cheap and I am lazy I purchased a copy of Master of Orion II from GOG.com.

Minus - despite saying it worked under OS X, it failed to work under OS X 10.9.  Perhaps something new with Mavericks.

Plus - it is still a very, very good game. :thumbsup:  I got it working under Win 7, and promptly lost an hour.

I guess we've freed up your gaming time from Starbase Orion?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

To be released on Steam on November 15th:

- XCOM: Enemy Within
- Baldurs Gate II Enhanced
- X Rebirth
- LEGO Marvel Superheroes (European release, I know it's out in US already)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

What is enhanced about BG2 Enhanced?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on November 02, 2013, 01:28:24 PM
To be released on Steam on November 15th:

- XCOM: Enemy Within
- X Rebirth

on the same day? 3 days before the ck2 expansion? Ehh

Grey Fox

It's also the day the PS4 comes out.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 02, 2013, 07:58:00 PM
It's also the day the PS4 comes out.

3 days before the CK2 expansion? Great timing, Sony. :D
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on November 02, 2013, 03:36:56 PM
What is enhanced about BG2 Enhanced?
QuoteThe Final Chapter - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, the epic conclusion of the Bhaalspawn saga.

Four New Party Members - Bundled with Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition are four new characters that can join you on your journey.

The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay - Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Undermine your captors and prey upon their weaknesses while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and Githyanki.

Easy Multiplayer - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition makes it easy to find, list, and join multiplayer games, even while behind a firewall.

Widescreen and More - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition features full widescreen support, remastered area artwork from original renders, and a host of other interface and gameplay improvements.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

QuoteFour New Party Members - Bundled with Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition are four new characters that can join you on your journey.
If they are well made, that might actually be interesting.

QuoteThe Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay - Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Undermine your captors and prey upon their weaknesses while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and Githyanki.
IIRC the only demi-lich in BG2 was virtually impossible to kill unless you used cheesy tactics and prepared perfectly for the fight. Mind flayers are quite hard and you had to use fairly cheesy tactics for that too. Not sure what Githyanki are. If they were in the original game, they didn't leave a lasting impression. So based on this description either the dungeon is incredibly hard and only useful for maxed out level 30 characters at the end of Throne of Bhaal or it is no fun because demi-lichs and mind-flayers are typically too strong for a normal party.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on November 04, 2013, 12:19:23 PM
Not sure what Githyanki are. If they were in the original game, they didn't leave a lasting impression.

The Githyanki sunk your ship in BG2 and sent you plunging into the Shark-people place if try to escape Spellhold by ship.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

They also played a major role in NWN2.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2013, 12:28:44 PM
Not sure what Githyanki are. If they were in the original game, they didn't leave a lasting impression.

The Githyanki sunk your ship in BG2 and sent you plunging into the Shark-people place if try to escape Spellhold by ship.
Right. They also came after you when you kept their sword. I somehow don't remember them as nearly as powerful as Mindflayers or fucking Demi-Lichs though.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on November 04, 2013, 01:37:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2013, 12:28:44 PM

Right. They also came after you when you kept their sword. I somehow don't remember them as nearly as powerful as Mindflayers or fucking Demi-Lichs though.

Yeah they are just weird Abyssal plane pirate people.  You can certainly make them hard with the right gear and spells and so forth but there is nothing particularly terrifying about them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."