And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Drakken on March 02, 2013, 07:46:23 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 28, 2013, 07:04:08 PM
I am/was maybe start getting into SoW: Gettysburg/Antietam. Fuck that manual makes my head hurt..... :lol:

But damn the mulitplayer on that game must be awesome.  :secret:

Looks to be. I would be afraid to go MP at this point. Modern tactics of regiments using bounding overwatch in a brigade would not work out so well I fear.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on March 02, 2013, 08:39:22 PM
Looks to be. I would be afraid to go MP at this point. Modern tactics of regiments using bounding overwatch in a brigade would not work out so well I fear.  :lol:

Just do what I did when things got too unwieldy in video games like that: get all Red Army.  Everybody goes.

garbon

I see that EA already killed off Dead Space 4 based on Dead Space 3's first month sales.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Cecil

So....inXile just put together a "Torment" kickstarter.

And it got funded in less than 7 hours.

Kleves

Quote from: garbon on March 05, 2013, 09:38:24 AM
I see that EA already killed off Dead Space 4 based on Dead Space 3's first month sales.
Isn't that just a rumor?
QuoteDead Space 4, which was allegedly in pre-production at Visceral Montreal, has allegedly been canceled following poor sales, according to rampant online rumors. This news follows recent layoffs at Visceral Montreal and its rumored closure, and is completely false.

EA tells IGN that this information is "flat-out not true," as well as reaffirms that Visceral Montreal (the developer behind Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, not Dead Space 3) is alive and well. The publisher wouldn't confirm one way or the other that Montreal was involved in a Dead Space sequel, and simply stated it collaborated with the Dead Space development team in the past.

EA's generic statement provided to the press reads, "While we have not announced sales for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and the franchise remains an important IP to EA." The publisher declined to provide IGN with sales estimates.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

garbon

Yeah could be. When I first saw it several places were saying it was definite and then retracted.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: Cecil on March 06, 2013, 03:37:31 PM
So....inXile just put together a "Torment" kickstarter.

And it got funded in less than 7 hours.
Fuck.  Thought this was Planescape. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

11B4V

Anyone keeping an eye on State of Decay and/or Metro Last Light?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Twenty minutes alpha gameplay footage of "Shadowrun Returns":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9MiMjQwd2VE#at=313

Reminds me a lot of the SNES game which I loved.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Syt

Saints Row IV announced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ax5lfDVjF3w

QuoteIn the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level – the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

Saints Row IV lets players delve into an arsenal of alien weaponry and technology that will turn each Saint into an ultimate entity of destruction. Utilize out-of-this-world superpowers to fight all the way to the top. With intensified action and enhanced customization, players can use their newfound superpowers and leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis in the greatest, most insane installment of Saints Row yet.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

I think I'm done with that series. I still haven't finished part 3 as it felt so incredibly comical...so I don't think I'll be interested in Saints Row turned superhero defenders of earth.

Also, though certainly implausible - Saints Row 1 / 2 didn't strike me as being particularly insane/goofy.

sbr

I liked the insane/goofy parts of SR3 and loved the game as a whole.  I never played the first two though so I'm not a purist.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on March 08, 2013, 12:06:41 PM
Twenty minutes alpha gameplay footage of "Shadowrun Returns":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9MiMjQwd2VE#at=313

Reminds me a lot of the SNES game which I loved.

That was a great game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Ron Gilbert has left DoubleFine to work on an iOS game: "Scurvy Scallywags in The Voyage to Discover the Ultimate Sea Shanty: A Musical Match-3 Pirate RPG"

This may be the greatest game title since "Dudebro: My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time".
—Stephen Jay Gould