News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Conan's fucking awesome. I'll prob get this one when it comes out.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Wow, that was pretty gruesome, with the whole impalement through the neck thing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tamas

I got an e-mail that Fallen Enchantress got a new patch, so I am giving it a try.

I am actually enjoying the first few turns  :huh: Will see if I get bored of it quickly again as usual.

11B4V

I am/was maybe start getting into SoW: Gettysburg/Antietam. Fuck that manual makes my head hurt..... :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Why can't somebody remake Simearth?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on March 01, 2013, 12:05:10 PM

Because EA would just make it worse.

What we need is an HD update, nothing more.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2013, 12:27:54 PM

They would turn the remake into an always-online singleplayer experience that would continually spam DLC and in-game items purchasable only through Origin. Then a couple years later they would turn the servers off to cut costs because SimEarth 2 would be in development.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 01, 2013, 12:39:03 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2013, 12:27:54 PM

They would turn the remake into an always-online singleplayer experience that would continually spam DLC and in-game items purchasable only through Origin. Then a couple years later they would turn the servers off to cut costs because SimEarth 2 would be in development.
Nope.  EA directive is that everything has to have multiplayer.

garbon

Other than the short-lived Sims Online - I think the Maxis properties have been mostly spared that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Crippling fear of critical success and money?  I do love some of those Sim games.  Simearth was great, I also loved Simant.  I had an ant farm when I was kid, so that one really hit home.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Though I liked it - SimLife was a bit confused.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on March 02, 2013, 12:00:48 AM
Other than the short-lived Sims Online - I think the Maxis properties have been mostly spared that.
Not anymore they won't.  The EA Games boss said he won't greenlight anything without multiplayer and microtransactions.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on March 02, 2013, 08:47:56 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 02, 2013, 12:00:48 AM
Not anymore they won't.  The EA Games boss said he won't greenlight anything without multiplayer and microtransactions.

Oh gotcha. I haven't paid attention to them as they generally make shit.  Also, good to know that I can avoid the new version of SimCity then.

Drakken

Quote from: 11B4V on February 28, 2013, 07:04:08 PM
I am/was maybe start getting into SoW: Gettysburg/Antietam. Fuck that manual makes my head hurt..... :lol:

But damn the mulitplayer on that game must be awesome.  :secret:

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 02, 2013, 12:18:12 AM
Though I liked it - SimLife was a bit confused.

So it was entirely accurate.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"