News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Yeah, the reviews so far look decent - the first one or two hours seem to be grating, though (many quicktime events). German site Golem.de clocks the main campaign at 10-12 hours, without going exploring/finding the (supposedly) plentiful secrets.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Tiller's games still look like shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

I like the WW1 game. Interesting to follow the change in tactics and weaponry. ie. going from napoleonic formations being pinned and decimated in the open, to  pre-modern squads and platoons being pinned and decimated in no-man's land, or stuck in barbed wire, or in the firezone established on the paths left open between the wires.

Tamas

But seriously, there are some cool moments, like you FINALLY, FINALLY break through the first line, and the enemy's reinforcements come rushing in and your decimated forces desperately try to hold on and avoid being chased off from the trenches they just captured.

Plus the designer included a long and excellent article about the evolution of tactics in the war.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on February 27, 2013, 03:17:47 AM
I like the WW1 game. Interesting to follow the change in tactics and weaponry. ie. going from napoleonic formations being pinned and decimated in the open, to  pre-modern squads and platoons being pinned and decimated in no-man's land, or stuck in barbed wire, or in the firezone established on the paths left open between the wires.

That sounds awesome...

but no French campaign :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."