News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on February 11, 2013, 09:17:58 PM
I thought that slender game was a free one that had been out for a while?

Seems to be a follow up. It's half price for pre-order, with beta access.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

"Distant Worlds" and some of the other more recent MOO-like 4X space games haven't really grabbed me (likely due to my unreasonably high expectations), but this upcoming one looks dangerously promising to me...especially the more involved colony management. 

http://predestinationgame.com/

Wilcard factor?  It's being made by Northern Irelanders. :hmm:

Syt

March of the Eagles is available for pre-order on Steam for 17.99. Comes with a free copy of Sengoku if you pre-order.

Previews seem to suggest that this might be a decent MP game?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I guess. I really want to find an excuse to buy this. :P

But I was a big turtle in the EU3 MP games, can't see myself enjoying an EU3 where everything is removed except the RTS warfare.

LaCroix

haven't played it in awhile, but i've found alpha protocol to be an incredibly excellent RPG (if a bit flawed). immensely fun, with an interesting plot and dialogue system

Syt

System Shock 2 comes to GOG tomorrow.

It's kinda fun to see GOG become what one of the intentions behind Home of the Underdogs was: a place where you can go and get all those old, classic games that might not otherwise be available/playable on modern machines. Gone are the days of having a forum thread listing all kinds of small, shady online traders to buy legit copies of old/out of print games from.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on February 13, 2013, 07:40:49 AM
System Shock 2 comes to GOG tomorrow.

It's kinda fun to see GOG become what one of the intentions behind Home of the Underdogs was: a place where you can go and get all those old, classic games that might not otherwise be available/playable on modern machines. Gone are the days of having a forum thread listing all kinds of small, shady online traders to buy legit copies of old/out of print games from.

Yeah and somewhat ironically now that MoM and it's ilk are readily available I still haven't gotten around to getting it.   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Quote from: LaCroix on February 13, 2013, 04:39:55 AM
haven't played it in awhile, but i've found alpha protocol to be an incredibly excellent RPG (if a bit flawed). immensely fun, with an interesting plot and dialogue system
I've got that installed on my computer from agessssss ago, never actually played it beyond the introduction though for some reason. :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

11B4V

Hearing some rumblings about FO4. Kind of eyeballing State of Decay.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Queequeg

Anyone know of any Sea Dogs like 17th Century pirate-trader game?  Sea Dogs was one of my favorite games of all time. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on February 24, 2013, 10:40:04 AM
Impressive updates to For The Glory. That is some dedication. :o

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?670046-For-the-Glory-1.3-Preview-5-What-s-new

I've since exited the project but really not so impressive if you divide that all by 3 years. What happens when development falls to one person (the scenario updates not withstanding).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 25, 2013, 05:16:30 PM
The new Laura Croft game actually looks good. :hmm:

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/in-game/50946009#50946009

who is Laura, Tim? Something made you slip her name here, so spill it!