News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

VaatiVidya shows off some of the early gameplay from the current beta of Elden Ring:

https://youtu.be/R9DWTt37khU

I admit this looks a lot more interesting now than the gameplay trailer.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Sty, are your graphics settings on Max and 4k in Forza? Your game looks better than mine  :P

I am a little addicted to this game. Was going to go to bed at 11 last night and ended up staying up till nearly 2  :Embarrass:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

I quite like the FH craze that has taken over the world. Those driving games were always so fun.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 12, 2021, 08:24:14 PM
Sty, are your graphics settings on Max and 4k in Forza? Your game looks better than mine  :P

Yes :blush:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

FH5 is kinda' addictive.  :Embarrass:

For a while my 1994 Toyota Celica was my favourite car but now I have some Audi estate which feels quite good and a rally-specific Peugeot (206 maybe?) I further upgraded which feels quite good.

Playing rivals mode exclusively, more interesting than the bots. Surely, when up to 4th-5th place out of like 93,000 everyone is over 2 minutes, but the first 2 are like 8-9 seconds that's a cheat? :P

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on November 14, 2021, 06:31:06 AM
Does it only have exterior views?

No, car interiors are modeled in detail for those who prefer to play from that view. I switch between them based on mood.

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Syt

Yes, though with some details it would be nicer if they either went with a higher polygon count or a texture (see e.g. the lock for the glove compartment on the Volvo, or the seats in the Porsche.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I tried to play cities skylines lately.
2 crashes losing a lot of play dampened my enthusiasm.
Then there's that even with expansions and mods the problem of being railroaded into making a nasty American style car City remains.
Stumbled on this on YouTube.
A lot of my thoughts covered here. Interesting stuff.

https://youtu.be/Fy672b7xZ6c
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

How does terrain generation in Cities: Skylines work? Can you set parameters freely and generate a random map to play on?

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on November 17, 2021, 07:07:20 PM
How does terrain generation in Cities: Skylines work? Can you set parameters freely and generate a random map to play on?

There are no random maps. There's tons of maps on the workshop BUT if you search for them add the term "vanilla" otherwise there might be props used on them that you may have to download separately (a common rabbit hole with C:S mods).
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on November 18, 2021, 01:48:42 AM
Quote from: The Brain on November 17, 2021, 07:07:20 PM

There are no random maps. There's tons of maps on the workshop BUT if you search for them add the term "vanilla" otherwise there might be props used on them that you may have to download separately (a common rabbit hole with C:S mods).

I really like random maps in this kind of game. :(

Syt

There are tons of maps of real world and fantasy locations, though.
—Stephen Jay Gould