News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Couple random screenshots. They still don't save your shots locally, and it appears you can't take 4K screenshots.  :rolleyes:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

How realistic are the driving physics in the game?  I don't expect a simulator quality physics, but do you at least have to brake in the logical places and watch your throttle inputs?

Grey Fox

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2021, 04:35:01 PM
How realistic are the driving physics in the game?  I don't expect a simulator quality physics, but do you at least have to brake in the logical places and watch your throttle inputs?

Yes, you could make it that hard for you with the right settings.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Yes, you can make the driving more realistic, but at the end of the day it will remain an arcade racer where you plow through telephone poles, market stalls, small trees etc. with very limited consequences (unless you drive a very light car). It's no Project Cars or Assetto Corsa.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Game runs incredibly well on my 1660 Super and aging CPU. 80+ fps on Ultra preset without any tweaking. It might be best looking game I've ever played.

Raced a plane and won. Raced a guy in a wing suit and also won. This game is sick bruh
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on November 05, 2021, 03:58:24 AM
I don't like straight driving games. But I do need to get forza horizon 3 (iirc?) someday. Set around here which intruiges.

Here's a new review for FH4 from last month, if you want to keep something running in the background for an hour: https://youtu.be/5Hu9KJEEGBU

But it also showcases the game decently.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I'm surprised how much I like the Porsche Taycan that's in the game and is one of the first cars you get. It's an electric car, that according to Porsche's website is rated at 260 kph. In game, you can get it to over 400 on the highway.  :ph34r: The weird bit is that it accelerates crazy fast and effortlessly to ca. 230 kph ... and only then it shifts to second gear. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

So I started a new character in FF14. :D  :blush: Though this time I'm going DPS and focus on main story only so far. I made it to the first few dungeons, and boy, the second one was ... fun. :D

Our tank clearly was very fresh to the game, and for the first couple of fights he forgot to switch on his tank stance which greatly increases aggro generation by a factor of 10 (it took multiple friendly reminders from the party for him to do so; forgetting to switch it on can happen, but usually - as tank - you notice while fighting the first enemies that something feels wrong). Even after that he never used his AOE attack to glue groups of enemies to himself. Single enemies went after our healer and our second DPS (a caster) without him noticing and I basically performed as off tank. Though actually I sometimes had more mobs on me than our tank had.  :hmm:

Having previously played tank this was really painful to watch. In those early dungeons you don't have to do much. You get enmity from the mobs and/or boss, and make sure you avoid damage spikes and use your mitigation while otherwise going through your damage rotation and aim the enemies away from the rest of the party. DPS are doing most of the damage, so it's quite relaxed as tank and you don't have to move much.

I find playing DPS immediately more fun, since it feels more active than tank. Anyways, I got two recommendations after the dungeon, so I guess I didn't do too badly. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, I switched my name in FH5 to my real name, and it's kind of weirding me out to be addressed by my first name in game.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on November 06, 2021, 04:09:24 PM
Also, I switched my name in FH5 to my real name, and it's kind of weirding me out to be addressed by my first name in game.

Yeah I could never get use to it. Even more since my name is use by so few people.

I played most of FH4 with my kids name. Since they started playing it themselves, I've switched the game language to French and my son's name isn't available. He chose something close enough.

For FH5, where he'll get his own save,  he told me he's going to pick Monsieur.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Sometimes, those crappy social media adbait accounts have some fun stuff in them.

CDKeys.com
13h  ·
Name a quote from a video game that you can hear in your head.

"War... war never changes".