News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Imprezas & Skylines is all we need.

and pick ups. My kids love cruising in pick ups.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I love the offroad cars and dirt racers. And just generic household cars, like VW Golf. :D The supercars are cool and all, but they're really not the main attraction for me. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

I personally find supercars to be the most boring cars, in real life as well as in games.  Obviously you can build a monster if budget and practicality are not constraints, but where is the fun in that?  The modestly priced VW rockets that can still function as transportation, on the other hand, are impressive.

Syt

Btw, for fans of classic racing who like arcade racers, I recommend Art of Rally. It has a stylized look and is time trials only, but it takes you on a journey from the 70s through the 90s:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/550320/art_of_rally/

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on October 29, 2021, 08:00:52 AM
I love the offroad cars and dirt racers. And just generic household cars, like VW Golf. :D The supercars are cool and all, but they're really not the main attraction for me. :lol:

Yeah I like to play these games tooling around in family SUVs. It's more realistic for me  :lol:

"Strap in, Dad's beating his record to Aldi tonight!"
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

That said, the modeling of cars, and their interiors, is quite excellent in Forza games. As a non-driver, the car I probably spent the most time in my life is the Golf Mk 2 that was incredibly ubiquitous esp. among friends. And getting inside and checking all the details was amazing, from the air vents to the cranks for the windows to the light next to the rear view mirror. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

Pedrito

Quote from: Syt on October 29, 2021, 08:58:24 AM
Btw, for fans of classic racing who like arcade racers, I recommend Art of Rally. It has a stylized look and is time trials only, but it takes you on a journey from the 70s through the 90s:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/550320/art_of_rally/

I istantly recognized every single car model in the pics  :blush:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

crazy canuck

Loving the AOE IV Norman Campaign videos - It sounds like Lipscomb is narrating  :wub:

Oh and the game is not bad either  :D

Syt

15 minutes of Elden Ring gameplay.

https://youtu.be/JldMvQMO_5U?t=846

Tbh, I'm failing to get excited for this since the reveals.

The graphics don't seem much improved from Dark Souls 3 or Sekiro.
Gameplay looks very Dark Souls, with some new additions:
- horseback combat
- a bit of stealth cribbed form Sekiro, I suppose
- proper jumping (like Sekiro)
- ability to summon spectres of enemies as allies (similar to the Spectres in Path of Exile)
- Open world, with dungeons spread out in the landscape

There's some new weapon moves and special attacks.

But a lot of it is staples of previous games (often going back to Demon's Souls):
- illusory walls with secrets behind them
- "bonfire" resting spots, plus an Estus-like healing item
- (post-)apocalyptic fantasy setting, featuring ruins, castles, cethedrals, poison swamps, catacombs etc. (I'm betting there'll be a library/archives again, too!)
- very familiar move sets etc.
- dragons
- body horror enemies

After 4 Souls games, plus Bloodborne, plus Sekiro, I feel this is retreading a lot of familiar ground with not much new added.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Played about an hour of Forza Horizon 5. Yes, it's Forza Horizon, and it felt very familiar going in (but then so was going into FH4 in terms of driving, even though the last one I played before that was Forza Motorsport 4 on Xbox 360).

I thought I'd be missing the bucolic Anglo-Scottish countryside, but México looks gorgeous, with some nice view distance depending on where you are. The introduction is also shorter than in FH4 (where you had to play through all seasons once before you were let into the game proper).

So far it's more evolution than revolution, but I'm fine with that.

Also, my e-peen feels good:

:cool:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Oh, also, the avatar creator is quite flexible and inclusive. It imported mine from the previous game, so that's fine. It combines presets, so don't expect facial sliders. But you can select from their male/female presets, choose your pronouns (he/she/they), and combine male or female voice with male or female body (which is more than Cyberpunk let you do even though it touted its trans-friendly character creator :P ), and you can also choose to replace any limb with a prostetic.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I don't like straight driving games. But I do need to get forza horizon 3 (iirc?) someday. Set around here which intruiges.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on November 05, 2021, 03:58:24 AM
I don't like straight driving games. But I do need to get forza horizon 3 (iirc?) someday. Set around here which intruiges.

That's 4. Should be available reasonably cheap now that 5 is out. 3 was in Australia and is no longer available for purchase.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on November 05, 2021, 03:58:24 AM

This is what Game Pass was made for. You are not THAT interested but want to check it out - subscribe for a month for a few pounds, check the game out, get bored with it, profit.

Grey Fox

Game Pass PC is 1£/$ for 3 months right now.

@Syt Nice performance. My son is more excited than me about playing FH5.

XOneS performance is only 1080/30fps but hopefully Xcloud support comes to the Non-Insider builds soon enough so we can play at 1080/60 on the Console.

Who knows how my computer will handle it. Hopefully it'll do 1440p/60 at a great quality.

FH3 was pretty awesome, I liked it more than FH4.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.