And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on September 08, 2021, 01:15:29 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 08, 2021, 08:28:31 AM
Got into playing No Man's Sky and I'm kinda hooked. I don't know what this game was like at launch but now it's got tons of stuff to do and see and I really enjoy just how super chill the game is. I can do the story missions or I can just fuck off and do my own thing for a few hours and explore some cool planets. It's the ultimate "decompress after a long day" sort of game.

I was wondering if it was worth it now given all the improvements and it is on sale.

Yeah, I think the updates over the years have salvaged what I understand to have been a flat gameplay experience into something fairly interesting and accessible. There are lots of things to do and it isn't too difficult to start doing them. It's also not a hardcore simulator by any stretch (though there is a hardcore survival mode) so I like that fact that I can hop in for an hour or so a night and the game respects my time. Often I'll play some music or put a pod on while playing the game.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Crazy_Ivan80

Been playing project Wingman for the last few days... pretty fun action flight sim that doesn't require you to get your pilot's licence.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

The original one was a fucking X-Box exclusive. Pissed me off then, so I guess the remake has to be true to its annoying console exclusive roots.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Aspyr
@AspyrMedia
This is no Jedi mind trick!

We're bringing STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic - Remake to PlayStation 5 as a console exclusive at launch and to PC in partnership with
@PlayStation and @Lucasfilmgames!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

So a timed exclusive? Well, it's probably still some time away.

Tamas

I think what they mean that it's not coming to Xbox.

The Brain

For Cal: Gas Station Simulator is coming.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on September 10, 2021, 03:46:22 AM
I think what they mean that it's not coming to Xbox.

Well they seem to suggest it will be exclusive to PS5 and then eventually come to PC just like the original KOTOR did with XBox. Which is fine, I am more patient these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 10, 2021, 01:24:30 PM
food on release, or a DLC?

Looks like DLC. Or maybe microaggression transactions, pay2eat.

Syt

Some discussion around the design for Thor for the next God of War game:

Some people whining that he doesn't look like a chiseled body builder, others pointing out he has a strongman physique.

Personally, I'm reminded of Vader, who was a beast, but also fairly nimble (and could do a moonsault off the top rope).

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

He looks strong. Would have sucked if they made him a body builder.

Solmyr

Tonitrus

Next thing you know, they'll be making Jesus look like a hippie.  :mad: