News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I had a look where KOEI's Romance of the Three Kingdoms series stands. They're on XIV, but it's 60 EUR with tons of DLC on top that (based on Google translate of Chinese reviews) are rip offs that add little. The game has mixed reviews and the DLCs mostly negative. XIII the same. The titles before that (XI, X, IX) review better, but while ROTK I - XV is on Steam, only the last two entries are available in English. Shame, I remember enjoying ROTK XI (I can probably still download my copy from Gamergate ... :hmm: ).

Samurai Warriors V is also out. It has positive reviews, but it costs 69.99, apparently instead of each character having their own move set they have one move set per weapon (so if characters use the same weapon type ...) - I believe they did that in Dynasty Warriors IX. Anyways, you can already order the season pass for 32.99 which will add horses, some scenarios, and a few weapons (or you get the Deluxe Version which costs 99.99 and includes game and season pass). :lol: Also some user reviews say there's no story mode, just standalone scenarios? :unsure: I used to play a ton of Samurai Warriors III Empires on Xbox 360 and loved it at the time. Not enticed by this one :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 29, 2021, 08:40:05 AM
Is Three Kingdoms any good? I ask because I love the setting but never heard of that until I saw it on Steam so I'm a little unsure if it's actually worth getting.

I enjoyed it.

I do realize that I don't really like the Total War games, though.

But if you like Total War and the Three Kingdoms period, then it's worth getting.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on July 29, 2021, 05:19:52 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 29, 2021, 08:40:05 AM
Is Three Kingdoms any good? I ask because I love the setting but never heard of that until I saw it on Steam so I'm a little unsure if it's actually worth getting.

I enjoyed it.

I do realize that I don't really like the Total War games, though.

But if you like Total War and the Three Kingdoms period, then it's worth getting.
So I'm not a fan of Total War really - but I really like the Three Kingdoms stuff :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 30, 2021, 09:24:35 AM
So I'm not a fan of Total War really - but I really like the Three Kingdoms stuff :ph34r:

It's pretty decent for that, I think. Worth getting on sale and mess around with. I played through the main campaign once and had a good time.

I've played the Japan one and a couple of the Warhammer ones, and Three Kingdoms was the most satisfying implementation in my book. But I probably won't buy more TW games after this.

Have you looked at Oriental Empires? Less flashy than TW by a long stretch, but it's a pretty solid AA indie ancient China strategy game.

The Brain

I have Three Kingdoms, but I haven't played it yet. I did get around to reading the Romance though - the short 600p version.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

After two years in early access, Jupiter Hell will release V1.0 next week.

Jupiter Hell is what became of the Doom Roguelike.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/811320/Jupiter_Hell/

QuoteJupiter Hell is a classic, turn-based roguelike set in a 90s flavored sci-fi universe. Set on the moons of Jupiter, the game pits a lone space marine against overwhelming demonic forces. Rip and tear zombies, demons and unmentionable monstrosities, using classic weaponry such as shotguns, chainguns, railguns and the trusty chainsaw. All to the shine of CRT monitors and the tune of heavy metal!

I seem to have picked this up as part of a sale or bundle, but I haven't played it yet. :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

The Forza Horizon 5 map revealed. Reportedly 50% larger than the one in the previous game.

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on August 10, 2021, 04:20:35 PM
Anyone try Hentai Femdom Simulator?

Does it have [spoiler]lesbian sex[/spoiler]?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I'm somewhat tempted by Ascent an twin stick shooter/cyberpunk RPG. I've watched some streams of it, and it looks quite good, and might be enough to overcome my dislike for twin stick shooters.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-ascent-review/

I may pick this up during one of the inevitable, interminable sales, I suppose.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

It's more of an rpg than a twin stick shooter. It is glorious in 4K. Map sucks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Good to know. :)

CoD has a new trailer that features a JU-87 for a second or three. Military Aviation History made a one minute video pointing out everything wrong with how the plane looks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISRVxZ27bVk&ab_channel=MilitaryAviationHistory

(I like them calling it a "Frankenstuka" :lol: )
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Syt

Dude I know through Twitch has released his first game, Doki Doki Gravity Dive:

https://youtu.be/i8cSnzrPhpA

It's a retro 3D shooter. Think late 80s aesthetic; it puts me in mind of Amiga 3D games. It's a small game, designed to play e.g. during lunch break for high scores. The main idea is that you clear a small system of geometrical bodies from enemies. Each body (cube, torus, etc.) has its own field of gravity. The whole thing comes with a pretty neat chiptune soundtrack. It's €6.59 on GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/doki_doki_gravity_dive and $7.99 on itch.io: https://memoriesin8bit.itch.io/doki-doki-gravity-dive

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Final Fantasy XIV is sometimes a bit weird.

—Stephen Jay Gould