News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tyr on May 12, 2021, 07:17:59 AM
This is old, but its in the news lately. Peace Maker is a great little free game on the Israel/Palestine conflict.

http://www.peacemakergame.com/

10 REM PEACEMAKER GAME
20 PRINT "YOU FAIL"
30 PRINT "HIT HEAD AGAINST WALL"
40 GOTO 30
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1548280/Great_Battles_of_Carolus_XII/

QuoteWith God's help, fight for the glory of Svea Rike!

The king, Carolus XI is dead, the royal castle is in ashes and the people of Sweden are starving to death in the harsh winter. With bloodshed, the enemies of Sweden are now concluding an attack alliance. Russia, Denmark and Saxony-Poland are waiting to attack the Swedish borders. The new fifteen-year-old King, Carolus XII stands alone with the fate of the kingdom in his hands.

In Great Battles of Carolus XII, the player will experience battles such as:

Battle of Narva 1700
Battle of Gemauerthof 1705
The Siege of Veprik 1709

Each battle will last about 30-60 minutes and the player will be able to command infantry, cavalry and artillery units. There are more great battles coming in the future!

4.99, though currently it's 40% off (so it's 2.99 at the moment).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1416230/Panzer_Knights/

QuotePanzer Knights

Panzer Knights is an action game about tanks.
Players will play as German faction, control tanks to cross from Western to Eastern Europe, from Battle of France to Eastern Front. Fully experiences the epic and powerful Tank battles through the detailed tanks.

There are many types of mission objects in the vast battlefield. Breaking through the lines of defense, defending the important positions, or defeating the enemies that keep coming.

In games, you can call the bombs or air supply, fix your tank when it's damaged, and switch the formation quickly according to the situation of the battlefield. Players must use every method to conquer the missions.

Key Features
.Over 20 tanks can be controlled
.Over 40 vehicles and artillery will appear in the game
.Detailed tank model
.30 crews with various abilities
.The crews will have voice of bubble talk during the battle
.Damaged in different parts will cause different influences
.11 main levels with storylines
.Vast battlefield and destructible environments

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Josquius

I mean. I'm excited. But they're bound to ruin it.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

garbon

:o

But cool, even if broken. After all isn't Vic 2 still that way and yet still fun? :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on May 21, 2021, 05:36:46 AM
:o

But cool, even if broken. After all isn't Vic 2 still that way and yet still fun? :)

I installed it a while ago - I forgot how tedious the diplomacy/competing with other powers for influence was. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on May 21, 2021, 05:33:53 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 21, 2021, 05:30:34 AM
I mean. I'm excited. But they're bound to ruin it.

Mana for all!

Press button to ethnically cleanse and receive bonus.  :cool:

Habbaku

When we analyzed the data from Stellaris, we realized what the players loved most was micro-ing pop jobs and trying to unfuck their economy because worker drones kept auto-promoting/demoting every day.

With that in mind, we're announcing Victoria 3: Triumph of Bureaucracy so you can live out your dreams of deciding whether the pop representing 3 Albino Ethiopians living in East London will be a clerk or a laborer.

Pre-order today!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Personally, I hope they'll lean even more towards hands off than in Vic2 where you could only hope and pray your capitalists built useful factories half of the time. :P

But looking at HoI4 and EU4 which give ever more control to players to play out whatever revisionist fantasy they crave I suppose that's unlikely to happen. :(
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Perfidious Albino, a nation of popkeepers.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.