https://9gag.com/gag/aO7nDxM
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

Quote from: Syt on October 21, 2020, 09:59:54 AM
GOG now has EMPEROR OF THE FADING SUNS

https://www.gog.com/game/emperor_of_the_fading_suns

Oh wow, I was looking for that a while back and it wasn't around. I don't think it was compatible. I played that a lot back when it came out, and used some mods which enhanced it nicely plus making it more challenging.

KRonn

I got this game, Emperor of the Fading Suns. Quite dated of course but a lot to it. I liked it before and still is fun to play for me.

Syt

I meant to give it a whirl last weekend after the good stuff I heard about it, but I didn't. I may have to rectify this weekend.  :blush:

I did spend quite some time listening to the awesome soundtrack, though.

I still hope we will get Macchiavelli and Merchant Prince II on GOG eventually. Those were fun times (Merchant Prince I is there already). :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Anyone played stellar monarch?
The rpgish aspects in a 4x space game intrigues

https://store.steampowered.com/app/446000/Stellar_Monarch/
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Syt

Aerosoft, the guys behind the well received OMSI omnibus sims have a released a new title, TramSim, in which you pilot tram line 1 in Vienna:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1314140/TramSim/

The world rendition seems surprisingly good, though it feels a bit like the renders in brochures for planned development projects. Bit disappointed that they only seem to offer the newest tram model which is barely in use yet.

This model is most common one at the moment:

And you still see plenty of these:

In OMSI 2 base game, e.g., they were modeling a bus line in Berlin Spandau in the 80s/90s, and their Vienna add ons also focused on early 2000s lines with older model buses (and using the old announcer's voice for the stations which was change ca. 2010).

I will wishlist this for the novelty factor, but I will not pay 34.99 for this. I will wait for a sale.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

For comparison, the corner of Knöllgasse/Quellenstraße we see in the screenshot above as it is in Google maps, because I used to live in that general area:

Some of the architecture on the buildings has been changed (presumably to simplify it?). The kebab stand has disappeared. :( But the posters for Western Union, Handy Klinik etc. are all there. :o

Some greenery has been removed/changed, as well.

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Austrian kebabs, for some reason the best kebabs I have ever tasted  :licklips:

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

35 euros for driving one tram around one track.... People be crazy.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on October 30, 2020, 03:52:32 AM

I could see myself picking it up for a really deep discount for the "virtual tourism" factor. Heck, that's what I use the AssCreed games for.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on October 30, 2020, 03:52:32 AM

It's a 25 km route. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

Microsoft needs to make a global train/tram sim on the back of the new FS. I would pay good money for that.