News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 08, 2020, 06:13:57 AM
Disco Elysium is a trip. I appreciate a game that implores my character that he should just fucking kill himself  :lol:

I first played this back when it got released. I died on the second day. I started playing it again recently and my second playthrough is completely different. Hopefully I don't die on the second day again.
Loved that game. :wub:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I'd argue it's the best written game in a literary sense, in a Kerouac/Hunter S. Thompson kind of way.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

It's been sitting in my account for a while, but I installed AssCreed: Oranges. Didn't start the campaign yet, but roamed around a bit in tourist mode. The map is a whole lot larger than expected. And I'm surprised by the fidelity of the environment and locations. Easily on par with GTA5 if not beyond it. :o And I love the Ptolemaic Greco-Egyptian mix.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Octavian

Quote from: Syt on August 08, 2020, 03:48:38 PM
It's been sitting in my account for a while, but I installed AssCreed: Oranges. Didn't start the campaign yet, but roamed around a bit in tourist mode. The map is a whole lot larger than expected. And I'm surprised by the fidelity of the environment and locations. Easily on par with GTA5 if not beyond it. :o And I love the Ptolemaic Greco-Egyptian mix.

It is really juicy looking.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

garbon

It is one of the few, since the ones set in Rome, that I felt compelled to finish all the way to the end.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I played the pirate one for a while, but I got tired of all the jumping around and shit so I stopped.

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on August 12, 2020, 08:05:59 AM
I played the pirate one for a while, but I got tired of all the jumping around and shit so I stopped.

I bounced off hard of all AssCreed games before Origins, but I really liked that one, first one I completed (with the rest I don't think I ever got past the earliest stage). Odyssey is awesome as well and overall better but that's why you should first play Origins

Caliga

Maybe I'll give them another shot.  Story-wise, I really enjoyed Pirates of the Assassin's Creed or whatever it was called.

Syt

From what I understand, Origins and Odyssey are more like your usual open world games, but in one of the best environments with the most historical flavor. It's why I'm cagey about the new one, because it seems like Hollywood Viking stuff, and the setting isn't as intriguing to me as the time of Caesar and Cleopatra in Egypt or Greece during the Peleponnesian War.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I've been wanting to play Origins/Odissey for a while, but I have way too many games in my backlog. I greatly enjoyed the AssCreed II games mostly for their settings and the tourism factor.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2020, 08:21:19 AM
From what I understand, Origins and Odyssey are more like your usual open world games, but in one of the best environments with the most historical flavor. It's why I'm cagey about the new one, because it seems like Hollywood Viking stuff, and the setting isn't as intriguing to me as the time of Caesar and Cleopatra in Egypt or Greece during the Peleponnesian War.

Yes essentially they are Far Cry: Ancient Egypt and Far Cry: Ancient Greece. But they are still awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 12, 2020, 08:29:55 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2020, 08:21:19 AM

Yes essentially they are Far Cry: Ancient Egypt and Far Cry: Ancient Greece. But they are still awesome.

And they are in third person.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on August 06, 2020, 07:59:08 PM
As Shelf mentioned, it could just as easily be Unitarians.  If they wanted to specify Christianity, they could have, but chose not too because they don't have a backbone.
There's no real need, imho.  I can guess what they are, but it's really irrelevant, anyway.  I don't expect a multinational corporation to take any risks.  Like, say, having the hero participate in a terrorist attack organized by radical muslims...  Been there, done that.  I guess that's the reason most call of duty games are now strictly MP.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 07, 2020, 12:07:13 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 06, 2020, 03:27:18 PM
Donkey Kong did not kidnap your girlfriend and drugged her because he thought he was "saving" her

Isn't that the plot of King Kong, presumably the inspiration for Donkey Kong?  Without the drugging of course.
He kidnaps your gf like King Kong did, because he kinda likes her.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.