News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Anyone have any VR game recommendations? I beat HL: Alyx and have been piddling around with some user-generated levels on it, but otherwise only have Super Hot VR and Budget Cuts 1/2.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Do we have any chess aficionados here?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1349230/5D_Chess_With_Multiverse_Time_Travel/

Quote5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel

5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel the first ever chess variant with spatial, temporal, and parallel dimensions. It's the first ever chess variant with multiverse time travel!

Sharpen your tactics by solving a collection of multiverse chess puzzles.
Practice against four different AI personalities, each with different strengths and styles.
Try out a variety of different starting positions and scenarios.
Play online with your friends or against strangers.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Hell I suck at Chess in two dimensions.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Oexmelin

Quote from: Habbaku on July 22, 2020, 04:54:09 PM
Anyone have any VR game recommendations? I beat HL: Alyx and have been piddling around with some user-generated levels on it, but otherwise only have Super Hot VR and Budget Cuts 1/2.

I don't own a VR myself but I heard great things about Tetris effect.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Sheilbh

I would love to be good at chess, but I am not so that is far too complex for me :lol:  :Embarrass:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Here's a long video of 5D Chess ... the streamer explains some of the ideas behind it throughout. It's "a bit" mind bending. https://youtu.be/DIax8lQzaK4?t=208
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

It looks very interesting. But I don't know the rules of even regular chess.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

From what I've heard President Trump has already mastered 5-D chess. Checkmate libs  :homestar:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

For RTS nostalgics, KKND 1&2 are on Steam now.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

About 90 minutes of the Menelaus campaign for Total War Saga: Troy. Apparently the battles need some tweaking (i.e. unit collision not working yet - supposedly already fixed at time of posting of the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bkD5OiBb3U
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Interesting concept. It's a "quick" wargame that stays at the strategic and operational level (i.e. no hexes). Feels quite unique and looks like it can be played in one sitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRgYh__d3cQ

Hopefully the author adds PBEM down the line.

EDIT: I found that he indeed intends to add PBEM.

Josquius

I decided to support my first ever kickstarter.
Eiyuden Chronicle.
New game by the people behind the Suikoden series.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on July 29, 2020, 04:23:42 AM
I decided to support my first ever kickstarter.
Eiyuden Chronicle.
New game by the people behind the Suikoden series.

Interesting, thanks. I'll keep an eye on it.
I supported Wasteland 2 back in the day (2013-14).

viper37

Far Cry 5.

Now, that is a great game.  :)

It's more action than typical shooter, and is probably closer to Skyrim than Wolfenstein or Doom.
It ain't linear, it's an open world, lots of ennemies with various tactics to kill them, lots of variaty in missions too. :)

however, the engine is still in DX11 and that sucks.  Since the graphics are beautiful, they had to cut elsewhere to allow the game to run smoothly.  So, all the ennemies kinda look the same, 4-5 variations of them.  The cutscenes and the story is totally worth it though.  Greg Bryk is fantastic in his role of a pure religious nutty psychopath :)  The acting is really great, scary, dreamy at time.

In one series of missions, you are targeting their drug production, an hallucinogenic drug called "bliss" and the way it affects your character, I'd swear I was on drugs myself :D

Highly recommended.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Did you play earlier Far Cry games? How does it compare? Is there a retarded oh-noes-I-got-taken-again thing going on?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.