And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

I'm technically still a mod in a deeply buried forum.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Patric was a good egg. He emailed me experimental exe files when an update broke EU1 for me. Turned out the copy protection didn't like my CD drive. :D Hartmann on Home of the Underdogs had suggested I reach out to them on the forums for support (he was a huge EU1 fan).

I also liked Joakim. Pretty chill dude. Patric/Johan/Joakim was the old trio. in EU1/2 days.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Hartmann was the dude that brought me over to Paradox games, too. I lurked at House of Underdogs.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on May 20, 2020, 10:32:41 AM
I also was a Victoria mod for a hot 5 minutes. :D

I can't remember exactly, did you create some of the flags for that game?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

For the first one, yes. Also wrote many flavor texts for minor countries in HOI1 (recycled in 2).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

I was a beta-tester for both CK2 and EU4.  :D Haven't read the Paradox forum in years, though.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on May 20, 2020, 09:51:02 PM
For the first one, yes. Also wrote many flavor texts for minor countries in HOI1 (recycled in 2).

"Wales: It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys, terrifying people with their close-harmony singing."?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on May 21, 2020, 04:08:03 AM

"Wales: It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys, terrifying people with their close-harmony singing."?

"The sheep tramble in fear."
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I guess I remember better than I thought.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

I've been playing a couple of simple tower defence games.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Octavian

Playing Star Wars Knights of the old Republic (modded). Playing it for the first time and it's great. I love the era and the story so far even though the game was spoiled to me a long time ago on a website far far away.

Still worth it.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

celedhring

With so many remakes/remasters going around, I wish they went back and updated at least Kotor 1.

Or better still, make another Star Wars RPG. Sure they could spare the budget among the dozens of bland shooters/mobas they have kept churning out.