News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Lock'n'Load are busy little bees.

Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital is in Early Access for 2.99: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1149940/Lock_n_Load_Tactical_Digital/

Two additional packs are available for it, for €4.91 each:
- Heroes of Nam - Pack 1
- Heroes of Normandy - Pack 1
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on April 04, 2020, 02:48:29 AM
X4: Foundations. Yay or nay?

Every time I've tried one of those games over the years it's been nay. Don't know much about that one specifically.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Coming on Thursday: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1011610/Radio_General/

Basically, a WW2 version of the Vietnam focused Radio Commander (but a different developer), but more ambitious:

QuoteRadio General is a real-time strategy game where you can't see your units. Instead you talk with them over the radio. You receive verbal reports, and then issue orders back. Unfortunately for you, war is confusing. Your units won't always know what's going on, and you must make tough decisions based on these incomplete (and often confused) reports. All of this is done from a detailed command tent, as it would have been during WWII.

Clear your throat, and show us your best commanding voice. By combining speech recognition with full voice-acting, you'll feel like you're a general on the horn with your troops. (Speech recognition only available in English and on Windows).

Behind the scenes, ammunition, morale, camouflage, sight and stamina are all being modelled. Elevation and terrain type will heavily influence battles. A smaller force will be more successful in launching ambushes in a forest than a larger force. Being on a road drastically improves movement speed, however affords little cover and camouflage. Being on a hill will drastically increase your spotting distance, whilst also increasing your range and damage. Study the map carefully, and identify how best to use your units.

Carefully choose which companies to deploy - each company has unique strengths and weakness. Learn the quirks and personalities of your companies: zealous officers may refuse to retreat. Veteran companies will gain specializations, with each unit type having unique abilities.

Everyone needs a break, and your companies must rest and replenish between missions. Exhausted units perform poorly, so watch your unit rotations.

Play from the under-represented perspective of the 1st Canadian Army. Take part in the disastrous Dieppe Raid, crack the Hitler and Gothic Lines in Italy, land upon the Normandy beaches and close the Falaise Gap.

Review 100's of historical photos, documents and video. Learn how soldiers lived throughout the war, and gain a better understanding of their experiences.

Recreate history's most famous battles of the war using an easy to use map editor. Share your creations using Steam workshop. Create challenging scenarios for others to try to beat!

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch is a hoot and a nice moral antidote to the craziness of the times we're in.  :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

The Procession to Calvary, the successor to Four Last Things is out:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1071130/The_Procession_to_Calvary/

Probably worth it if you like renaissance art and music, point & click adventures, and pretty dumb humor. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on April 09, 2020, 02:14:19 PM
The Procession to Calvary, the successor to Four Last Things is out:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1071130/The_Procession_to_Calvary/

Probably worth it if you like renaissance art and music, point & click adventures, and pretty dumb humor. :D

I had no idea that I needed that whole bundle.  Fixed, now.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

I ordered a Valve Index with my Trumpulus. At least, I thought that's what I was doing. Little did I know that ordering it just places me into a queue where, eventually, when more are ready, they'll confirm I still want one and charge me then.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

Quote from: Solmyr on April 01, 2020, 03:03:04 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 31, 2020, 06:13:52 AM
Soooo Mount and Blade 2 is in early access.

I've too much to play now so shall hold off.
But. Yay.

According to a friend, it doesn't look like it's been in making for ten years. And for single-player at least, right now Warband with mods is better.

I went ahead and got the early access (having been a big fan of Warband/mods). 

As of right now:

- I'm having some graphics issues (it might be that it doesn't like my brand of graphics card for some reason). 
- Combat is not impressing me.  For all of Warband's issues, I felt that at least I had some control/able to make use of skill.  Bannerlord's is way more fast-paced/arcady...such that it doesn't really feel like I have any control at all.  I think for the older/more casual players, it will be nothing but an exercise in frustration.

Syt

The things that keep showing up in my recommendations ...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151120/Arrest_of_a_stone_Buddha/

"Hitman is searching for an answer in France 70-s."

QuoteAs a professional killer you'll live through November 1976 alternating non-stop shoot'em up action with a downtempo mundane life.

You're fast and lucky enough so you don't plan your actions too far. You kill with one shot and you never miss. When you're run out of ammo you just throw a gun away. You can disarm any enemy and use any weapon. And when it's time to get out you just use a vehicle nearby.

You have an apartment in the historical center of the city. When you want to eat you go to a cafe, and you can visit a museum or a cinema when you're looking for entertainment. And you have a lover when you need a woman.

And there's this question which is longing for an answer.

Apparently it's from the people behind "The friends of Ringo Ishikawa":

QuoteA highschool gang leader Ringo Ishikawa trying to live through his last autumn before graduation. With his best friends.

You should play it if:

1) You're fond of good stories with strong dialogues (especially about growing up)
2) You're a fight games enthusiast (you'll get your hands on some unique brawl mechanic and I promise you'll be satisfied)
3) You're into some yakuza-delinquent aesthetics

Basically, the game is an existential open world beat'em up with some school sim elements. It has a little of everything: a town to explore, day-night cycle, npc on their schedule, battle grinding, school grinding, mini-games (ping-pong, billiard, video-poker, video-game console with one game...) and so on.

But the main thing is the story I'm trying to tell. And I designed the game to make you feel this story. So it's not about rival gangs, or taking over turfs, or anything. You just live there and feel. And that's all.

Both games have "Very Good" review scores on Steam though. :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Berkut

https://store.steampowered.com/app/742700/Empire_Deluxe_Combined_Edition/?fbclid=IwAR1-pa49VtLzQLLIARAXJ4ztdc2Mo5O8pquItYUcSt8nyDafVH_PWUf9Uj4

OK, so who played this game a lot back in the day?

Man, this was one of the greats. If the new one has well implemented multi-player....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".