News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Wife told me to choose a game she'd buy for me for my namesday. I went with Rimworld.

Bad choice. OMG SO BORING.

Syt

I've heard many descriptions of Rimworld, but boring has so far not been among them.

Then again you thought Ghost Recon Breakpoint was fun. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on March 09, 2020, 04:05:30 PM
I've heard many descriptions of Rimworld, but boring has so far not been among them.

Then again you thought Ghost Recon Breakpoint was fun. :P

I get the concept of the game but I think No Oxygen (or what its called) does it better. It's just too much of a sandbox.

Syt

Rimworld is very much a sandbox where you set your own goals and try to deal with the nonsensical and silly situations you find yourself in when the game's systems collide (the latter arguably the main pull for many). If that's not your cup of tea and you prefer less free-form games then I can understand why you're not enjoying it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Hungarians yearn for strong leadership.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Since I'll be stuck at home for a while, thought I'd buy Playdek's port of GMT's Labyrinth.

Great, more misery  :(

Solmyr

Anyone got any good let's play of Doom Eternal to recommend? Preferably one where I can see what's going on and the player doesn't talk shit constantly. I'll probably not be playing the game myself any time soon, but it looks fun enough to watch.

DGuller

After watching real life NASCAR conduct their race on iRacing last week, I was inspired to dust off my sim racing rig and come back to iRacing.  Amazingly, my Logitech G27 wheel still functions perfectly after 8 years of collecting dust.  Unfortunately, the nut behind the wheel didn't age as gracefully.  :(

FunkMonk

DOOM Eternal is the most intense video game I've ever played. I have to stop playing after about an hour because it's just too much :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

I've been playing graveyard keeper. It's fun. A sort of light no need to stress about the timer stardew Valley
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Warplan is now on Steam, has anyone taken this out for a spin yet?

Tamas

OMG Tiller Games released Serbia '14. I know I'd be quickly exhausted by the 90s UI and moving dozens if not hundreds of units around one by one, but it is CALLING TO ME.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on March 29, 2020, 08:41:19 AM
OMG Tiller Games released Serbia '14. I know I'd be quickly exhausted by the 90s UI and moving dozens if not hundreds of units around one by one, but it is CALLING TO ME.

Do they have a "dig in and send most of the troops to Galicia" option for Austria-Hungary?

Because trying to attack Serbia while Russia is coming at you is the most Conrad von Hotzendorf move ever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on March 29, 2020, 08:41:19 AM

I've seen it, but I'm hesitant. I like their Panzer Campaigns engine for WW2 battles, but I feel it doesn't do all that well outside that time period. The Modern Campaigns games are still ok, but I couldn't get into France 14 or East Prussia 14. I may have to give them another try, though.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Should be spelled Servia '14 for period flavor.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.