News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

FWIW I'm having fun with MK11. Haven't really played a lot of MK games since the first (though I've owned a few). I like the MK characters and style. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

The Brain

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Dude tours the real life locations in Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout: New Vegas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89sOyZdtVA0
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Oooh, new Noah Gervais video. I like his videos. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Enjoying the steam version of 'Twilight Struggle' that came in a recent humble bundle.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on May 02, 2019, 01:50:23 PM
List of upcoming wargames:

https://www.wargamer.com/articles/war-games-for-pc-2019/

Fantasy General 2! :o

I'll keep an eye on it, since I actually enjoyed the first one. Yes, that was 20 year ago or so.

mongers

Bought 'Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic' from gog.com, a real nice beer and pretzels type fantasy strategy game.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I wonder if they'll finally fix the issues that have been there for eons. Like the crappy handling of troops around any sort of structure.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on May 16, 2019, 03:45:52 PM
I wonder if they'll finally fix the issues that have been there for eons. Like the crappy handling of troops around any sort of structure.

What was the last TW game you played? I mean, in recent ones it still can be crappy, but vastly improved from the infuriating scenes of the old games.

Syt

At the end of the day I expect Hollywood style battles from Total War games, not something hyper-realistic. If you go in with that expectation they are quite enjoyable.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Yes. I found the battles in Total War: Warhammer to be more tolerable thanks to it explicitly being a fantasy game.