News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Ugh.  Far Cry 5 has a bad plot.  In fact, this may be the worst plot I've ever seen in a video game.  The plot constantly interrupts the game, sometimes causing me to fail missions, to tell me about the bad plot.  None of the Far Cry games have had a great plot, but that was always a minor concern, you didn't have to pay much attention to it.  This is like being stalked by someone who keeps reading to you his Manchurian Candidate fan fiction.  It's annoying, it's vapid, it's confusing, and you can't get away from it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Playing The Return Of the Obra Dinn. A mystery/logic puzzle game by Lucas Pope (Papers, Please) with unique aesthetic in which you have to figure out the fate of the crew of a ghost ship of the East India Company in the early 1800s.

Loving it a lot (7 hours in), and looking forward to puzzling out everything. :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/653530/Return_of_the_Obra_Dinn/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Finished the game in ca. 10 hours. It had some good WTF moments when you uncover the story. Chat told me I missed some clues that would have made it easier, but I was able to guesstimate to 100% completion. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

RDR2, aka. Farming Simulator 2018.

Well, great gameplay but a bit too buggy. Th story is good if a little frustrating and I'm really not sure about that ending.

And I still vastly prefer PCs for shooter games, but seeing this on my UHD screen was incredible.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on November 12, 2018, 05:09:04 PM
Turn it off?

In the end, that's what I did.  I was playing and the game crashed windows (I don't even remember the last time a game did that).  I was getting close to the end anyway so fuck it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Liep on November 17, 2018, 05:57:18 PM
RDR2, aka. Farming Simulator 2018.

Farming? Do you mean hunter and gather simulator?

I'm still far from finishing the main story as it seems like a game that is meant to be played at a casual, relaxed pace.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Habbaku on November 03, 2018, 11:47:01 PM
Polytopia and the Reigns series (including Game of Thrones) for me.

Good suggestions, thanks.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

I'm playing some Port Royale 3, a gain in the Patrician type series that I never really played that much. My favorite was Patrician 3, great game and I played a whole lot of it. Patrician 4 I also like and is more of a challenge as the other traders are more competitive.

Syt

So I watched a bit of Battlefield V on Twitch, and my first immediate concern was, "Why is there a Sturmtiger in North Africa?"
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on November 23, 2018, 08:45:52 AM
So I watched a bit of Battlefield V on Twitch, and my first immediate concern was, "Why is there a Sturmtiger in North Africa?"

Yeah there was an outrage over women (!!!!!11111) in the game, but not over the fact that automatic submachine guns are the default starting weapons for half the classes (snipers and machine gunners the ones who do not get one).

Still, it's a fun game.

Syt

I believe that, but I don't think I'd play it enough to buy it or buy Origin Access. I really liked BF1 but only have 18 hours in it. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

The Atomwaffen Division were unavailable.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I want physical copies of games as much as possible.
Where would have the best selection?
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

From what I've heard there are Tigers in 1940 Rotterdam, fighting the British while V1 rockets fly overhead. I don't think the game is supposed to make any sense.