News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I was really looking forward to Call of Cthulhu.  Hopefully it gets improved some with patching?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Solmyr

Well, the problem seems to be that the latter part of the game basically ignores your choices in the story and becomes a run of the mill action game. I'm not sure that can be patched.

celedhring

Just got a smartphone with more oomph and I was wondering if there's some mobile games people here would recommend? Something to kill time in my long commutes. Books are overrated.

Habbaku

Polytopia and the Reigns series (including Game of Thrones) for me.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maladict

Razgovory

I've been playing Far Cry 5.  The game is stupid fun but periodically the enemy captures you so one of the villains can give some sort of boring monologue, get right in your face and maybe torture or kill someone.  This happens like 9 times and it's really fucking annoying.  I just want to run around shooting wolves with a flamethrower.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Do you actually shoot stuff with a flamethrower? Don't you more like hose them?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

I'll be checking Battlefield 5 out tonight or tomorrow, as I have a premium Origin subscription.

Based on my little time with the beta, my expectations are non-existent.

The Brain

I bought Slappy Ass. Seems worth the money so far.

Zoupa

Quote from: The Brain on November 09, 2018, 12:07:08 PM

Just googled it. You weirdo  :lol:

The Brain

Quote from: The Brain on November 09, 2018, 12:07:08 PM

Yup, I totally got my 3 bucks' worth.

FunkMonk

Warframe just released its newest (free) expansion, a giant open-world zone on Venus. It's pretty great so far.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Caliga

Been playing RDR2 on PS4.  Really enjoying it so far.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Alright Battlefield 5 is fun.

As usual I suck at it but there are ways to make onself useful.

My favourite is the machine gunner, even if I spray and pray and do no big damage I get to suppress people and get some points for that.

And as Recon, you have a rangefinder tool that also tags spotted enemy units - this is fairly big because you don't get to do that now, only Recon when they do this or when they damage somebody.
So for example on a closely contested and won map, I felt like I helped out on the final defense of a flag, despite being horribly far and badly positioned to get hits with my shitty noob sniper rifle. I was tagging the incoming enemy constantly, and getting nice spot assist scores.

The Sunday afternoon session was ruined with a bunch of little kids playing tough in the text chat, but I guess that's inevitable.

Grey Fox

My computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for this game. First time that this has ever happen to me otherwise I would play it. (I have no interest into playing a FPS on my Xbone)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.