News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I'll hold out for a GOTY edition of RDR2 at half price. It looks great, but I won't plop down 99.99 to get all the content.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tyr on October 26, 2018, 01:28:08 PM
Looks like RDR2 isn't coming to PC. May finally have to buy a PS4...any other games to make that worthwhile? Most stuff seems to be on PC these days.

It may not be announced for PC but they'll probably do what they did with GTA V: Release the PC version 18-24 months later and make a boat load more money because people will want to buy THE DEFINITIVE version with ULTRA PC GRAPHICS after already buying the console version.

That said, I'm also starting to think about buying a PS4 Pro next month.   :blush:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Those who've played RDR 2 over the weekend... How is it? I've read it's quite a bit different than the other big open world game this year, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, in that it's a lot slower paced and controls less well.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

RDR1 never came to PC take that into consideration if you do want to play it now rather than later.

If you are buying a console for just 1 game, get an xbox one S, they will be very cheap on Black Friday ~180 US.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Yeah, but supposedly the architecture of RDR1 was "special" which made it very difficult to port.

These days, there's little difference between Xbox and Windows in terms of game development, so I guess it will be easier. Besides, I would be surprised if Rockstar would not eye the lucrative PC market after the massive cash cow that GTA Online is for them. My guess: it'll come to PC either when RDR Online is done, or Rockstar finds that they sold all the console copies they can.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 28, 2018, 08:18:09 AM
Those who've played RDR 2 over the weekend... How is it? I've read it's quite a bit different than the other big open world game this year, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, in that it's a lot slower paced and controls less well.

I'm liking it but it is much slower paced than AC:O. I think I was 2-2.5 hours in before you end what is roughly the 'tutorial' section. Also, it has a lot of cutscenes. Most of them make sense and nice add to the game, there are a few that make no sense. Like I was riding on my horse after a mission and suddenly had this long scene of a view from the sky to auto-bring me back to a location that wasn't that far away.

Unlike AC:O, there does seem more of a feel that your actions have consequences and the crime/witness/bounty systems is a bit more fun than the AC one (though you don't get merc opponents). Also, weapon/craft/etc. system feels a bit more complex. Repeatedly need to check my load-out / remember a bit more what are the keys to press to perform certain moves. :blush:

Overall, I've been enjoying and think well worth a purchase. Different enough from AC:O that I think I'll be balancing back and forth between the two for the next few weeks.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Thanks garbon. I will probably end up buying a PS4 during the Black Friday sales and I am still only about 40% through AC:O even with almost 40 hours in the game so I have something to tide me over until then.

I really appreciate the fact that RDR 2 plays so much differently than AC:O. RDR looks so much slower paced and immersive than Odyssey, but Odyssey is just so much fun running around and exploring such an interesting setting and just feels so right with its controls. Plus I just really like Kassandra as a character.

Liep

Found RDR2 for the incredible low price of €51, I'll report on gameplay tomorrow when it's done installing. :zzz:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Solmyr

So the new Call of Cthulhu is apparently rather meh. :( First half of the game (the one they showed early) is good, later half is a mess.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/10/29/call-of-cthulhu-review/

Liep

Quote from: Liep on October 30, 2018, 11:40:16 AM
Found RDR2 for the incredible low price of €51, I'll report on gameplay tomorrow when it's done installing. :zzz:

Wow, impressive world... a few hours later, so there's no fast travel, eh?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on October 31, 2018, 07:51:07 AM
Quote from: Liep on October 30, 2018, 11:40:16 AM

Wow, impressive world... a few hours later, so there's no fast travel, eh?

Actually there is. You just have to do some tasks (I think involving hunting) to be able to unlock the upgrade. I saw it somewhere (either at the crafter or the ledger) but haven't yet done whatever it was to unlock it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: Solmyr on October 30, 2018, 11:52:06 AM
So the new Call of Cthulhu is apparently rather meh. :( First half of the game (the one they showed early) is good, later half is a mess.

:(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Been playing some Bloodborne today. It feels weird playing in 30 FPS, as I feel that the game is slightly less responsive, kind of like non-remastered DS1 on PC. Got to Father Gascoigne, but took a break because I hit a wall with him. Also, I find I can't play Soulsborne games more than a few hours.

Also, playing Red Dead Redemption 1. My last save (about an hour into the game) was from 2011. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on October 30, 2018, 11:52:06 AM

A Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for this generation?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."