News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Anyone here plays Field of Glory 2? The just released Rise of Persia DLC is really fun and I'll be playing in the tournament using its armies, starting next week. you should join.

Syt

I have it and play it occasionally, but not well enough for tournaments. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I am quite hooked on Magic the Gathering: Arena. I am working on a zombie deck in honour of the black deck I had in Magic's Hungarian rip-off when I was a teenager.

garbon

Time to play some AC: Odyssey! :w00t: Well after it finishes all that time to copy to the hard drive and then update itself. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

QuoteGET SHADOW WARRIOR 2 FOR FREE

Free on Gog.com for another 18 hours.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on October 05, 2018, 12:30:41 PM
Time to play some AC: Odyssey! :w00t: Well after it finishes all that time to copy to the hard drive and then update itself. -_-

I played it for 5 hours straight as soon as I got home from work   :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Btw, the coolest thing I've done so far is murder 3 sharks guarding a sunken temple while I'm swimming with a giant axe in one hand and wearing bronze armor.

Game is good.

Habbaku

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is $9.99 on Steam. I think I'm going to take a shot at it. I've always liked the idea of the game, and it gets high ratings, and might be multiplayer bait...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 06, 2018, 11:02:43 AM
Btw, the coolest thing I've done so far is murder 3 sharks guarding a sunken temple while I'm swimming with a giant axe in one hand and wearing bronze armor.

Game is good.

It delivers though I'm 9 hours in and have yet to have the opportunity for male on male romance. Just tried to push that bitch Odessa on me with flirt option every single time you run into her. Eventually pity asked her onto my crew. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on October 06, 2018, 02:59:46 PM

Game is good.

It delivers though I'm 9 hours in and have yet to have the opportunity for male on male romance. Just tried to push that bitch Odessa on me with flirt option every single time you run into her. Eventually pity asked her onto my crew. <_<

I'm running with Kassandra and tried to romance Odessa when I first met her. No dice.  :D

I'm only about 7 hours in, though. I'm kind of taking my time and doing most, though not all, of the side missions. Only just started doing stuff in Megara.

I found an Athenian amphitheater in some other town I stumbled upon and I kind of got shivers. There is something about Assassin's Creed games and connecting with the past. AC2 and Brotherhood did that for me as well.

The Brain

Are you sure it was an amphitheater? :hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 06, 2018, 10:26:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 06, 2018, 02:59:46 PM

Game is good.

I'm running with Kassandra and tried to romance Odessa when I first met her. No dice.  :D

I'm only about 7 hours in, though. I'm kind of taking my time and doing most, though not all, of the side missions. Only just started doing stuff in Megara.

I found an Athenian amphitheater in some other town I stumbled upon and I kind of got shivers. There is something about Assassin's Creed games and connecting with the past. AC2 and Brotherhood did that for me as well.

Still ain't found no male love (and I've even explored a bit of Athens!). Game did try to pitch an old woman at me though...

I'm beginning to forget my pre-friday life where I hadn't yet stomped (spartan kick) on wolves, bears, boars, etc.

Also, notoriety for slaughtering chickens / chickens attacking when you attack one of a group. :lol:

FunkMonk

My Kassandra and the old woman got it on. The cutscene was hilarious  :lol:

FunkMonk

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 08, 2018, 04:30:55 PM
My Kassandra and the old woman got it on. The cutscene was hilarious  :lol:

Last night in Assassin's Creed: Xena Warrior Princess, I infiltrated a Spartan Fortress to kill its local Polemarch and steal some loot. I jumped onto one of its towers from a nearby cliff and proceeded to one-shot or two-shot a Spartan captain and his accompanying warriors with devastating fire arrow headshots. I ziplined to the other side of the fortress and laid a trap on the signal fire that defending troops use to call reinforcements and then snuck around to find the bear cage.

From a nearby rooftop I shot open the bear cage with an arrow and the bear proceeded to maul about 6 Spartans while I shot arrow after arrow into their backs. The bear finally died after killing 5 men. The Spartans finally seemed to locate my position so their leader put a bounty on my head. I fled to my original tower of death as 3 different mercenaries, one after another, climbed up to face me. I dispatched each of them and threw their arrow-ridden bodies from the tower as the Spartans looked on in horror. The Spartan Polemarch, my target who I had not yet killed, ran up to the signal fire to send for reinforcements. I laughed out loud from my tower as my trap exploded him into pieces. I mopped up the remaining Spartans shortly afterward and killed one final mercenary in a rooftop duel.

Lastly, I tracked the Spartan who had put out the contract for my head to a beach encampment not far from the fortress I recently conquered singlehandedly. One headshot later he joined his colleagues in Hades.

My Xena Warrior Princess simulator is fun and good.