Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

On a side note there are a few games I'm looking forward to;

Cyberpunk 2077
Call of Cthulhu
Fallout 76
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

Oh, is there a Call of Cthulhu game coming out?

11B4V

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Zoupa

Quote from: The Brain on September 09, 2018, 01:48:53 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 09, 2018, 11:58:02 AM
Yes

Thanks. :)

New Vegas remains the best of the series. Hugely disappointed in F4. The atmosphere/story bored me to tears.

My 0.02$.

Syt

New tactical civil war game in the works, dev diaries/blog here: http://www.grandtactician.com/thecivilwar/blog/

It has dispatches :w00t:

Younger wargamers may struggle with the font. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

The Forza Horizon 4 demo is good fun, and it looks very pretty (I run it on beyond Ultra settings at 1080p on my GTX1080 and don't dip below 60 FPS) if you like driving around the British countryside. The last Forza game I played was on the 360, but unless there's any microtransaction nonsense coming, I will probably pick this up. I like arcadish, pretty, free roaming driving games. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on September 14, 2018, 02:11:23 AM
New tactical civil war game in the works, dev diaries/blog here: http://www.grandtactician.com/thecivilwar/blog/

It has dispatches :w00t:

Younger wargamers may struggle with the font. :P

Damn right.  Half the game would be spent squinting at these messages.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Heh. In my genealogical research I have become really good at deciphering 19th century scrawl. Time to put those skills to good use!

That is exactly what Civil War era military paperwork looks like as well. Neat.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on September 14, 2018, 08:33:56 AM
Heh. In my genealogical research I have become really good at deciphering 19th century scrawl. Time to put those skills to good use!

That is exactly what Civil War era military paperwork looks like as well. Neat.

Yeah, it seems they're using original forms as template (links are on their website).
—Stephen Jay Gould