News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on July 24, 2018, 04:44:07 AM
I really don't have much time (or even patience) for proper games anymore, so I'm dwelling into the evil world of mobile gaming. Right now I'm hooked to Final Fantasy Brave Exvious. It really has wetted my appetite for playing JRPGs again. Anything you'd recommend that can be played on the go?
I've been considering getting a PSP for years. Close to actually taking the plunge. I want to play the first two personas.

In terms of mobile though...I can just never bring myself to pay for mobile games.
Though I think Dragon Pass has a mobile version? I'm sure there's a few others like so too but it escapes me now :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on July 24, 2018, 04:44:07 AM
I really don't have much time (or even patience) for proper games anymore, so I'm dwelling into the evil world of mobile gaming. Right now I'm hooked to Final Fantasy Brave Exvious. It really has wetted my appetite for playing JRPGs again. Anything you'd recommend that can be played on the go?

Give Reigns a try. It's a fun, surreal kingdom management game where you make decisions to advance a weird plot and balance your meters (make no group in society too happy or two angry) by swiping left or right. Till your monarch dies and the next one takes over. It's rather compelling and available on mobile and PC.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Finally finished Far Cry 3. Wow those endings suck. The entire second island was really short actually.

Started Homefront the Revolution.
And. OK. I get why the Red Dawn remake made the enemy North Korea.
But why does this game feel the need to do it? China makes so much more sense
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on July 30, 2018, 02:17:45 PM
Finally finished Far Cry 3. Wow those endings suck. The entire second island was really short actually.

Have you played Far Cry 4? Better endings I think, and also not the long anticlimax of the second island in 3.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I bought Super Hot during the steam sale.  Game play is fun, but they insist on doing this thing where you are hacker from like 20 years ago.  They make the game look like it's being observed through an old CRT with scan lines and curved screens and it hurts my eyes.  It's one of those games with a meta-plot which is like having have a college Freshman explain Nietzsche to you.  I know where this is going and I don't care.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Do I wan to buy Madden 19 for the PC?

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on July 30, 2018, 03:22:34 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 30, 2018, 02:17:45 PM

Have you played Far Cry 4? Better endings I think, and also not the long anticlimax of the second island in 3.

No. Will get it if I spot it cheap
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Got to a point in SuperHot where it told me to stop playing.  Okay.  Now what?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on August 02, 2018, 04:53:02 AM
Do I wan to buy Madden 19 for the PC?

Subscribe to Origin Premiere.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Good idea, but I have subscribed to Access for one month instead. Gives me a 10 hours trial of the game which should be plenty.

I have had a quick look just to realise that I do NOT remember the controls from 11 years ago.

Razgovory

So Fallout 76 won't be on Steam which means I probably won't buy it.  I've found if a game is not on Steam I just don't play it as much even if I want it.  Never played Dragon Age II and III despite liking 1 a lot.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on August 08, 2018, 05:51:15 PM
So Fallout 76 won't be on Steam which means I probably won't buy it.  I've found if a game is not on Steam I just don't play it as much even if I want it.  Never played Dragon Age II and III despite liking 1 a lot.

Yeah, I find the same thing.  I often forget there are games available outside Steam.

Josquius

I even bought Far Cry 3 twice as I forgot I had it since it wasn't on Steam :blush:
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Yeah if a company wants me to play their game they better put it on Steam. I can and do make exceptions. Rarely.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

It is so weird as I can still remember before when I had been like ugh, no I do not want to use Steam.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.