And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on January 25, 2018, 01:47:01 PM
So, Wars of Succession...

Is Charles XII an off the charts combat monster?

FWIW I think it's going to be one of the classic in the AGEOD series. If you tried and didn't like a game in the series I don't think this is likely to change your mind (although there are video tutorials now!), but the theme is strong the game is pretty an well researched.

celedhring

I have never been able to stomach AGEOD's engine but the theme here makes me interested. There's so little out there about the War of Spanish Succession.

I guess will pick it up at some point down the line.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on January 25, 2018, 03:45:04 PM
I have never been able to stomach AGEOD's engine but the theme here makes me interested. There's so little out there about the War of Spanish Succession.

I guess will pick it up at some point down the line.

Philippe, one of the AGEOD founders did tutorial videos for this game: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrYLOdjwRhRbqDmiBH_vlwaoFNGcVcZg

I am aware the engine is a hard nut to crack for some, maybe the videos are worth checking out.

The Brain

I never got into the engine (but I've never made a serious effort either), I will very likely get the game of course since it's GNW (and some other war).
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Drakken

Absolute buy for me, too.

Carolus Rex, dig skall vi hämnas!!

KRonn

Banished is still a favorite game. It's a fun game with the many mods really making it into a great town builder. Mods I like include those with many more resource and manufacturing buildings, many different types of homes and a lot more.

mongers

'Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom', worth it for the music alone, also seems way more relevant now than when it game out a dozen years ago.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Expeditions Conquistador... Anyone else played this?
Man...I want to like it. The setting is untapped and cool. The mechanics seem to be all there...
But the interface is just horrific. It's so clunky....
██████
██████
██████

garbon

CC liked it. I had the same reaction as you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on February 02, 2018, 03:19:35 PM
Expeditions Conquistador... Anyone else played this?
Man...I want to like it. The settings is untapped and cool. The mechanics seem to be all there...
But the interface is just horrific. It's so clunky....

Loved it myself. The mechanics are merely allright, but the RPG elements and the untapped setting made for a great experience.

Besides the unrealistic role of women, the game is pretty well researched too.

crazy canuck

I need to take that little gem out for another round of play.  The replayability is another strong attribute of the game.

The Brain

Don't forget the Viking game! Just don't bring your swastikas.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Stars! I played this game a lot in the past. Probably came out in the 90s, fun game of space domination. Kind of simple but when it came out I think the game's interface was a bit ahead of its time. Before windows on Microsoft computers were popular the game used windows for the various actions you could take and to look at all sorts of different items such as planets, fleets, etc.  Haven't played it for probably ten years and of course it's quite dated now. Used to be a fun game for more easy gaming yet with a good amount of strategy and empire building.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.