News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 17, 2017, 03:02:43 AM
Ghost Recon Wildlands is pretty good, despite some bugs.  LMGs are fun as hell when the badguys start calling in reinforcements after finding their dead buddies.  "Going loud."

I haven't found an anti-material rifle yet, but I understand those are even better.

I love Wildlands.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Quote from: grumbler on October 21, 2017, 02:57:05 PM
Quote from: KRonn on October 16, 2017, 08:10:11 PM
I started playing Imperialism 2 - that's still a good game. A good oldie and there's a lot to it. Fun game. I got it from GoG games. Loaded it onto Win10 and I had to enable "direct play" from the control panel, I think under windows features, in case anyone wants to play the game. I got that info from the GoG site.

I loved Imp 2.  Something really satisfying about building up the province and getting all those free resources and industries in the smaller towns.  RR and Dreadnoughts for the win.

Yep. Still pretty fun and a simpler game but has plenty enough parts to it with economy, diplomacy, industry, battles.

Josquius

Always preferred the first. The second was OK but...just didn't have the oomph.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on October 23, 2017, 12:24:39 PM
Always preferred the first. The second was OK but...just didn't have the oomph.

Yeah me too

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: KRonn on October 23, 2017, 10:05:21 AM
Quote from: grumbler on October 21, 2017, 02:57:05 PM
Quote from: KRonn on October 16, 2017, 08:10:11 PM
I started playing Imperialism 2 - that's still a good game. A good oldie and there's a lot to it. Fun game. I got it from GoG games. Loaded it onto Win10 and I had to enable "direct play" from the control panel, I think under windows features, in case anyone wants to play the game. I got that info from the GoG site.

I loved Imp 2.  Something really satisfying about building up the province and getting all those free resources and industries in the smaller towns.  RR and Dreadnoughts for the win.

Yep. Still pretty fun and a simpler game but has plenty enough parts to it with economy, diplomacy, industry, battles.

And a random New World without DLC!  :D
Still playing it from time to time.

celedhring

Been playing Witcher 3 in my new laptop - I get 35-40 fps on high graphic settings, and that's good enough for me, really. Game's amazing and super-beautiful.

crazy canuck

One day I will go back to it.  I didnt like the battle interface very much but I guess with more time I would learn how to use it better.

grumbler

I loved the way Witcher 3 looked.  The voice acting was also excellent, and the story seemed really cool.  The character controls, though.... there must be a word that means "the exact opposite of intuitive."  Whatever word that is, it is the word to describe everything but basic movement and basic combat.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: celedhring on October 25, 2017, 10:01:03 AM
Been playing Witcher 3 in my new laptop - I get 35-40 fps on high graphic settings, and that's good enough for me, really. Game's amazing and super-beautiful.

It is.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: The Brain on October 22, 2017, 09:37:26 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 17, 2017, 03:02:43 AM
Ghost Recon Wildlands is pretty good, despite some bugs.  LMGs are fun as hell when the badguys start calling in reinforcements after finding their dead buddies.  "Going loud."

I haven't found an anti-material rifle yet, but I understand those are even better.

I love Wildlands.

The anti material rifle is indeed cool but I found the auto shotgun that looks like it's made for giants with the 30 round mag on it and: ermahgerd

Josquius

Thinking to finally buy Witcher 3 in the steam sale.
Though another open world game....sigh
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Just noticed that the Egyptian Assassin's Creed is now out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2017, 12:25:21 PM

Must be a bitch to play using hieroglyphics.

The Brain

And what is in now, oh trend-sensitive one?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on October 29, 2017, 01:30:48 PM

And what is in now, oh trend-sensitive one?

Certainly not Sweden. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.