News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 01, 2017, 01:34:41 AM
We should just merge them into the NFL...kinda like MLB, the NBA and NHL have Canadian teams.

Only Toronto could really do it.  Just like basketball and baseball.

Ed Anger

Picked up Total War:Attila and the Belisarius DLC. Fun just flaming Vandals for giggles.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Is 'Unity of Command' worth getting?

Seems like a beer and pretzels game, in a good way.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 02, 2017, 09:16:46 PM
Yeah, if it's dirt cheap.

Thanks, oh and it's in the steam sale for 5 bucks.  :cool:

Tamas

Metal Gear Solid V is very fun, even with the juvenile/Japanese crap in it.

Syt

In case you found Animal Farm a bit too lighthearted?

https://www.gog.com/game/tooth_and_tail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT09ZBf8IsA

QuoteLead the revolution with an army of flamethrowing Boars, mustard gas-lobbing Skunks, and paratrooper-puking Owls. From the designers of Monaco: What's Yours is Mine, Tooth and Tail is a Real-Time-Strategy game featuring Single Player, Online Competitive Play, Split Screen, Replays, and more.

Build a base, lead your army, eat your enemies!

The War for Meat

The Longcoats, the Commonfolk, the KSR, and the Civilized are in the midst of a Civil War over who gets to eat, and who has to be the meat. A darkly humorous tale of riots and revolution is told through an extensive Single Player campaign.

Endless Replayability

With procedurally generated maps and customizable factions, no two conflicts will be the same, forcing players to strategize rather than memorize.

Pick-up-and-Play

With matches lasting from 5-12 minutes, controls designed specifically for the gamepad, and split-screen couch play, Tooth and Tail is a popcorn RTS for veterans and newcomers alike.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

It does have a nice animation style
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

Immediately thought of The Secret of.... NIMH? The one about the rats and mice escaping from the lab.

garbon

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 15, 2017, 02:14:05 AM
Immediately thought of The Secret of.... NIMH? The one about the rats and mice escaping from the lab.

Me too :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Euro Truck Simulator - What a nice game.  :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on July 15, 2017, 11:10:49 PM
Euro Truck Simulator - What a nice game.  :)

Even in video games, you're pulling over and shitting on the side of the road.

Josquius

I bought Transport Fever as part of the ongoing saga of searching  for a modern transport tycoon.
Meh.
Its alright. But more railroad tycoon than transport tycoon. Very small scale, very slow.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on July 19, 2017, 06:23:00 AM
I bought Transport Fever as part of the ongoing saga of searching  for a modern transport tycoon.
Meh.
Its alright. But more railroad tycoon than transport tycoon. Very small scale, very slow.

Why not just play the open source transport tycoon deluxe instead?

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on July 19, 2017, 06:23:00 AM
Meh.

To be correct, it is more a game for transportation tech nerds than fans of tycoon games. It has exactly as much common wit railroad tycoon, as with transport tycoon.