News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

My new PC is arriving tomorrow. I want to buy Battlefield 1 as a sort of celebration. Question: pace-wise, is it such an extremely fast silliness as the Star Wars Battlefront game, or I will have time to turn around before I am killed?

Syt

I find BF1 pretty ok. It's fast and chaotic, but certainly lower paced than, say, Battlefront or Overwatch IMHO.

nVidia asked me to play with 150% oversampling on my 1080p screen on the GTX 1080, but I removed that. Game still looks amazing, though.

For other games to give your new rig a workout, look at Just Cause 3 if you haven't yet. Or reinstall Witcher 3, or GTA5.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Thanks Syt.

I am definitely planning on reinstalling The Witcher 3, I am fairly late in the campaign I hope I'll be able to remember how to fight :D

And there is Total War Warhammer that I sorta' stopped playing because the long loading times, small screen, medium graphics combo was starting to test my patience.

Plus I am quite curious to see what improvement I can get with the single thread CPU-heavy strategy games.

Syt

Btw, there's plenty gameplay videos and streams out there to see BF1 gameplay. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 04, 2017, 08:31:34 AM
Btw, there's plenty gameplay videos and streams out there to see BF1 gameplay. ;)

good point  :D

Berkut

You might consider The Division as well. I've been playing that, and it looks incredible on my old PC, I bet it looks amazing on something current.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Haven't played The Division, but I hear that while the main game is ho-hum, the Survival Expansion is really good.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Berkut

I only started playing after XMas, a friend of mine had it and said that it was improved immensely in the 1.4 or 1.5 patch, and was a lot of fun. Kind of like Destiny, but in modern NYC.

I've really enjoyed it so far. The gameplay is very good, but not super twitchy. I think of it as a cross of Counter Strike and Destiny.

And it really does look incredible. I was fighting in Stuyvesant town, which is where my little sister lives in Manhattan, and I literally felt in game like I had been there before - I recognized the street my sister lives on from having been there before. It was kind of creepy...

0 rows returned

Tamas

Syt

I may have to give this a try then, at some point.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Berkut

One other thing I like about it...it is hard! I am well geared for my level, and me and a friend play coop, and we die regularly if we are not careful and spend a little time planning what we are going to do...

If either of you play, let me know. The game is a blast played coop, IMO.

BerkutJH in game.

0 rows returned

Berkut

It was on sale for $25 for the holidays on Steam, not sure if that is still going...

0 rows returned

Tamas

I have taken a look and I think I'll go with BF1 for now. I am more in mood for the older style weapons right now. I still have a couple of days to change my mind though!

Syt

Ubi is currently in a mode where they discount their stuff frequently and regularly to drive people to their uPlay store/client. Probably best to wait for another offer on Division.

Speaking of Ubi, Rainbow Six Siege seems to be in very good shape with a very solid playerbase these days.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Berkut

Yeah, if it is not on sale, I am sure it will be again soon...

0 rows returned