News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Gracias. I may get it. Might even revive my AAR thread.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

More on DA:I

So the big bad [spoiler]is recycled from a not particularly interesting DA:2 DLC? Laaaaaaaaaame.[/spoiler]

Valmy

Huh. Seriously? [spoiler]I mean he is one of the Magisters mentioned at the very beginning of DA:O. The very first Darkspawn. The guy who doomed the world. I mean if that is lame then everything in the series is lame. Which, granted, is certainly a valid perspective :P[/spoiler]
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2016, 03:10:20 PM

Went ahead and got it. If I can change the names of the human leader, prepare your anus for Barron Trump leading humanity from planet Trump Tower over the space Mexicans.

The jokes write themselves.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2016, 09:32:29 PM

Went ahead and got it. If I can change the names of the human leader, prepare your anus for Barron Trump leading humanity from planet Trump Tower over the space Mexicans.

Especially in that development of the game was outsourced to Argentines.  :P

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2016, 09:28:24 PM
Huh. Seriously? [spoiler]I mean he is one of the Magisters mentioned at the very beginning of DA:O. The very first Darkspawn. The guy who doomed the world. I mean if that is lame then everything in the series is lame. Which, granted, is certainly a valid perspective :P[/spoiler]

[spoiler]It's a guy that you - as a player - already faced and defeated in a throwaway DLC. So when the villain was revealed in DA:I I was "huh, that guy again?" instead of "ooooh, cool". Plus you already faced another of those "original sin" Magisters in the Awakenings DLC for DA:O (the dude that wants to give Darkspawn free will), so they are old hat by now, imho.[/spoiler]

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on December 03, 2016, 04:18:55 AM

[spoiler]It's a guy that you - as a player - already faced and defeated in a throwaway DLC. So when the villain was revealed in DA:I I was "huh, that guy again?" instead of "ooooh, cool". Plus you already faced another of those "original sin" Magisters in the Awakenings DLC for DA:O (the dude that wants to give Darkspawn free will), so they are old hat by now, imho.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]There is just no pleasing some people.

Anyway I thought the DLC were both excellent for DA2 so I will just have to disagree on "throwaway" :P

Anyway finish the game and then we can talk about it more.[/spoiler]
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 03, 2016, 12:06:39 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2016, 09:32:29 PM

Especially in that development of the game was outsourced to Argentines.  :P

Hilarious.

Plus the human science chick has Melania's accent and space cat race has fantastic tits. GRAB EM BY THE PUSSY.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2016, 08:57:16 PM

[spoiler]There is just no pleasing some people.

Anyway I thought the DLC were both excellent for DA2 so I will just have to disagree on "throwaway" :P

Anyway finish the game and then we can talk about it more.[/spoiler]

I plan to finish it around Christmas. Despite the occasional bitching, I am enjoying the game. It helps that the first zones after the first are much tighter and focused. The Hinterlands were a bit scary.

I still don't care much for crafting, though.

viper37

[spoiler]You didn't defeat him.  That was clear in the last act of said DLC[/spoiler]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on December 06, 2016, 06:22:29 AM

Thankfully you can still basically ignore it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on December 06, 2016, 03:43:40 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm doing so far. Random drops and rewards are more than enough to keep my gear current.

Scipio

Crafting in DA:I is basically unnecessary, although I got my best gear that way. It's essentially a nugatory DPS advantage, 99 percent of the time. The high-quality gems are key, though. Killer status effects and armor penetration.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on December 06, 2016, 04:53:27 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 06, 2016, 03:43:40 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm doing so far. Random drops and rewards are more than enough to keep my gear current.
the best gear in the game is crafted.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.